• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I think people are underestimating this fight. CNN is already campaigning against. Another shooting happens and there will be plenty of blame for them to sling out. I don't want to seem like I'm hot overjoyed that we won this fight but this one is going to be a long one.

Unless you remember the '70's or '80's you don't know what a long fight is. Remember San Ysidro, The "Cop Killer Bullet" furor, Stockton, or Luby's? The NRA was a 10th of it's current size. The '80's was one long string of demonizations and legislative attacks building to 1994 with very few wins for us. This is a walk in the park in comparision. Everybody put on their big boy pants and we'll be fine.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Unless you remember the '70's or '80's you don't know what a long fight is. Remember San Ysidro, The "Cop Killer Bullet" furor, Stockton, or Luby's? The NRA was a 10th of it's current size. The '80's was one long string of demonizations and legislative attacks building to 1994 with very few wins for us. This is a walk in the park in comparision. Everybody put on their big boy pants and we'll be fine.

Thank you for your many posts recalling events over the past 30+ years.

So, figuratively, this latest attack by the communists was mowed down, but dangerously close to the wire. Wanted to play something to inspire the troops as they reload magazines and change barrels whilst preparing for the next mass attack by the bolshevik hordes.

Meant to put in Kirk's thread since he mentioned victory.
    May it please His Excellency ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM3y09RjKLs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM3y09RjKLs[/ame]

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    There is a reason gun owners are easily painted as ignorant, paranoid bigots. It isn't like a lot of people make an effort to look any different.

I'm not ignorant or paranoid. The fact that he voted for any of this garbage is all the reason I need. He stood up to be counted with those who are working to violate our rights, so I will work to get him out of office. There was not a single issue voted on yesterday that would do anything to curb violent crime or improve public safety - it's all about controlling the decent people instead and another baby step toward total confiscation.

Whether or not he kept his word about what he would do is of little comfort. That just means that when he tells us he's going to violate our rights and turn us into criminals that we can trust that he means it. Feinswine is honest about what she intends for the 2nd Amendment too. I suppose that's better than him lying and saying he won't and then stabbing us in the collective back, but not by much. An honest enemy of the 2nd is still an enemy.

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Perhaps this is a "walk in the park" by comparison, but that doesn't mean we can underestimate the attack on the 2nd Amendment. You lose even the easiest of fights if you don't show up.

I just want to see some video... I didnt get to watch it since I was working :(

I was able to record this little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8cvLMu2iNbA

Excuse my laughter.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    One was a poison pill, it would take away much federal funding for law enforcement to anyone that release gun owner info publicly.

The other was a touchy feelly that added funding to the mental health system. No gun language in it whatsoever. I am thinking that Reid NV may amend his bill himself and remove everything but this amendment as a latch ditch to salvage something.

All in all MORE WIN TODAY.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    One was a poison pill, it would take away much federal funding for law enforcement to anyone that release gun owner info publicly.

The other was a touchy feely that added funding to the mental health system. No gun language in it whatsoever.

Sounds like poison pill would be good for us

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like poison pill would be good for us
    Yes

But the primary trick of a poison pill is to force an amendment on a bill that the original sponsor hates enough to abandon the bill. Or just enough people of his party to make it impassible.

This is a BIG win today too.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Protecting gun owners’ privacy passed 67-30: This amendment, authored by John Barrasso (R-Wyo.), would limit the ability of state governments to release the names of gun owners. He cited a New York newspaper’s publication of a map of local gun owners, using information received from county officials. It’s the only of the gun amendments that actually deals with guns to pass. Twenty-two Democrats supported it: Baucus, Begich, Bennet, Bob Casey (Pa.), Chris Coons (Del.), Donnelly, Hagan, Heinrich, Heitkamp, Tim Kaine (Va.), Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), Landrieu, Manchin, McCaskill, Merkley, Pryor, Shaheen, Tester, Udall, Udall, Warner, and Ron Wyden (Ore.).

Mental health funding passed 98-2: A proposal from Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) and Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) to improve mental health services in schools and boost support for suicide prevention programs. The amendment does not deal with guns at all.

Top Bottom