• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JiNx0036

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Michigan City
    I was considering one of these for the winter time when I'll be wearing a coat but now I think I'll stick with a belt attachment version. I'll give kudos though, for the crook not figuring out how to use the thing to get the gun out in a hurry but I think that CQC version can be ripped off of your person too easily.

Weed Store Robbery Fail Video

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Try ripping that critter off, sometime. It's hard enough to get it off when you want it to come off, I don't see it coming off from an attack so long as your pants and belt hold up.

JiNx0036

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Michigan City
    I haven't tried one on yet but have seen them at the local gun shop and was debating wether or not to get one but this might of been one of those rare incidents of it happening.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Try ripping that critter off, sometime. It's hard enough to get it off when you want it to come off, I don't see it coming off from an attack so long as your pants and belt hold up.

I have to undo my belt & even after unbuckling my belt I still have to wrestle with it to get mine off.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Maybe the guard only had it round his belt. My wife wears hers that way and she can remove it fairly easily. Yes I have shown her the correct way to wear it. I'm just happy when she carries.

troy2198

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I have tons of experience using a serpa holster. Used one the entire time I was in Iraq and I carry with a serpa paddle. While in Iraq I never had a problem getting it out. And now state side I find that the serpa is quite good for carry as long as you have the retention screw set just right so you personally can get it out. I agree that its hard as hell to get off when you want it to. I think I would like to do some tests like those who tested I believe just kydex in general. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ[/ame]

This is the test that Ive seen. The second thing that I suggest is that you spend some time drilling with it to get the muscle memory down to have an easier time later on. Ive done plenty of range tests with this holster as far as drawing and getting on target and have had no issues with it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got a Sherpa and I love it. I've worn it without a belt and it still takes a little effort to take it off. I love index finger retention. Once you're use to it, one movement and you're ready to go.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    my guess is the officer removed those little hooks on it so you can get it off easier. I never would but ive heard of those who have.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    my guess is the officer removed those little hooks on it so you can get it off easier. I never would but ive heard of those who have.

I've thought about cutting the hooks on mine down to make mine easier to put on and take off, I am not sure if I want too now though.

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    That is the one with the release button right? I've got one, and like it but research a few classes I've seen some that don't allow it.

Apparently there have been a few people who shoot themselves by engaging the button like you would if you were to press a normal button. When you draw that will drop your finger in the finger guard by the trigger. Just something to keep in mind.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I've thought about cutting the hooks on mine down to make mine easier to put on and take off, I am not sure if I want too now though.

I have one for my .45 24/7 and I love it. Great retention, as everyone says. I use the paddle and did shave off the inner hook from the paddle portion, leaving the belt hooks in place. It has made it a little easier to remove, yet the belt hooks hold it fast at 4 o'clock where I like it.
    If you decide to do this, get a good stiff belt and spend a little time making sure you have the belt hooks adjusted to snap over the lower edge with little to no slop.

Now I just have to find one in Lefty for my GF and her PK 380.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I know it's easy to Monday morning quarterback, but I just can't get my head around why this security guard went hands on in the first place... Why would you, having a gun yourself, choose to actively engage an armed opponent with only your hands in close proximity? Fighting for retention of your own weapon against an already armed opponent truly is a worst case scenario. He truly is lucky to have escaped with his life. :twocents:

Now, on the SERPA; this really is one of the best holsters on the market. I carry a level III retention duty version of the SERPA when in uniform. It is quite simply the fastest level III holster you will find. Hands down. The CQC model (level II) is about as concealable as duct taping a cinder block to your hip, but it is a very well designed and FAST holster.
    I too have a hard time getting mine off without doing a bizarre sort of dance, so I am also at a loss for how this guard lost his. Removing the belt hooks, if that's what he did, was clearly the wrong decision.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I don't really have anything constructive to say other then: Did nobody else see that cute lady in the skirt at 1:12?

I always though the serpa was too main stream, so, all the gun grabbers would know how to unlock them instantly. I stand corrected.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    That is the one with the release button right? I've got one, and like it but research a few classes I've seen some that don't allow it.

Apparently there have been a few people who shoot themselves by engaging the button like you would if you were to press a normal button. When you draw that will drop your finger in the finger guard by the trigger. Just something to keep in mind.

The button isn't over the trigger guard, it is over the frame of the gun... so as long as you don't move your finger, after drawing, your finger is right where it should be. Granted, there are other brands that are not like that.

As for pulling it off... I have to undo my belt, unbutton my pants and use two hands to get mine off. I wear mine actually tucked into the pants, then you have the two hooks on the bottom of the belt and that one big hook going the other way that catches the pants.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    I know it's easy to Monday morning quarterback, but I just can't get my head around why this security guard went hands on in the first place... Why would you, having a gun yourself, choose to actively engage an armed opponent with only your hands in close proximity? Fighting for retention of your own weapon against an already armed opponent truly is a worst case scenario. He truly is lucky to have escaped with his life. :twocents:

I'll throw my 2 cents in there with you - this guy is lucky to be alive. If either of those robbers had ~serious~ criminal intent, I doubt he would be.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    paddle holster fail? sure looks like it. One reason Im not a fan of paddle holsters. Holsters should be held on by belts. Period.

Top Bottom