• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EAGLE115

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    HAMMOND
    I can see all these mehtods take practice to get it down & figure out which way is best 4u.

RHINO, WITH YOUR TEETH!!

I don t know if I wanna practice that one too much, I think my teeth are worn down enough! haha But you re rite sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!:ar15:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I can see all these mehtods take practice to get it down & figure out which way is best 4u.

RHINO, WITH YOUR TEETH!!

I don t know if I wanna practice that one too much, I think my teeth are worn down enough! haha But you re rite sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!:ar15:

I cannot condone this practice. :D But if you choose to do so, please PM me for my office information so you have it handy.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Nowadays, we have plenty of options for the M&P. When I was working for NASA in 06, there was nothing available for them.

AmeriGlo, Warren, 10-8 and XS all make decent M&P sights. The newer guns from Smith ship with their ledge/wedge rear which is quite adequate for one-hand use.

I was able to either catch it in my pants pocket or use friction against my thigh if I missed. But yes, the M&P stock sights are a bear to hook on anything.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    AmeriGlo, Warren, 10-8 and XS all make decent M&P sights.

I'm running Ameriglo Hack Sights with a solid/serrated rear and, although it is somewhat sloped, its angle is steep enough that its conducive to racking off a belt or pocket.

5nnhw5.jpg

20rsnj5.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

RHINO, WITH YOUR TEETH!!

While it's probably not a great idea to have too many plans running through your head so that you're standing there making decisions when you should be acting, it's good to have a backup plan and a Hail Mary. In my case, the primary plan was to eject the mag as per normal. When that failed, and wrist flick didn't help, my backup was a more aggressive use of inertia. When that failed, the Hail Mary was BITE IT!

When Rhino pulled the mag out with his teeth I first thought he was just going to bite the gun for failing.

I actually considered it. That gun's grip screws were fine the way I originally installed them after I filed them down a little. Apparently the last time I replaced the stocks, I must have switched a couple. The fix is to file them all a few thousandths shorter and then it won't matter.

I cannot condone this practice. :D But if you choose to do so, please PM me for my office information so you have it handy.

Do you take my insurance? It's 1-800-BITE-ME!

I was able to either catch it in my pants pocket or use friction against my thigh if I missed. But yes, the M&P stock sights are a bear to hook on anything.

If/when you install night sights, just get one similar to Evan's. Check out the Dawson Precision version too.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I've gotten many a gun to rack efficiently off the thigh. Just use man strength to press it in there. It hurts, but in pain and alive is better than dead. If you want it to happen you'll find a way.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    True, but using if probability is any guide, I will not have on pants ...
    :):
    Double-O Seven, the Prime Minister understands that sometimes you must go undercover(s) in your mission to save western civilisation, but do try to keep your clothes on.

Pffft, racking on the thigh? What about your excuse, er, right to wear Captain Tactical Pants?:laugh:
    CTP? Is that anything like "fighting trousers"? :D

Top Bottom