Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    In case you were wondering about GFZ:

Penal Code 46.035 Unlawful Carrying of Handgun By License Holder
    (6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/texas.pdf

It's illegal to carry in a church in TX?

It's up to the particular church. If they post the signs, it's illegal to cc or oc or both (depending on which sign(s) is/are postes. Signs hold the weight of the law in Texas.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Another thought......Conspiracy theory maybe.

Someone is behind all of these massacres. They have an agenda of some sort.

Maybe I still have a hard time believing humans can be this evil.

Maybe I'm all wet. Just thinking out loud I guess. I'm truly sad this crap happens. Maybe I have more faith in mankind than I should.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Maybe I'm all wet. Just thinking out loud I guess. I'm truly sad this crap happens. Maybe I have more faith in mankind than I should.

I'm surprised when humans do good things, not evil things. :twocents:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

You mean like the Sandy Hook shooter destroyed his computer and the LV shooter's computer hard drives were missing?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm surprised when humans do good things, not evil things. :twocents:

Bret Weinstein, evolutionary biologist basically said that humans have the genetic programming to do all the evil things people have done to other people. Some people, given the right conditions, do these kinds of evil things. Most people, don't.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

I do believe it's possible. LasVegas was fading away, so time for something else to happen so the dems can try and implement more "common sense" gun laws.
    Also believe that if you look into a huge majority of "mass shootings" there's definitely a common denominator, and thats pharmaceutical (mind altering) drugs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Bret Weinstein, evolutionary biologist basically said that humans have the genetic programming to do all the evil things people have done to other people. Some people, given the right conditions, do these kinds of evil things. Most people, don't.

History has shown this to be true worldwide, and inoculated from religious, political, social, or cultural affiliation. More often it's occurs due to the hysteria of group think, but obvious an individual can be just as evil.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Come sit in my office for a week. It'll erase any doubts humans are capable of remorseless evil. And feel justified in perpetrating such.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The "news" says he reloaded repeatedly; someone could have shot back.... if Texas had not had a "fish in a barrel law" on the books.
    Blessings,
    Bill

Yeah, or even without a gun.....one must fight back. He could not have killed them all if they would have just all jumped on him. Prayers to all these folks. It looks like he must have gotten about everyone in the church. I was watching that youtube video and looks like attendance is only about 40-55 people a week. A true shame.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Congressman for the district on the phone with FNC. Gave the impression they know a lot more than what is out right now about the shooter. Awaiting a press conference that they are setting up for now.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The "news" says he reloaded repeatedly; someone could have shot back.... if Texas had not had a "fish in a barrel law" on the books.

Maybe if the shooter was a noob. A determined shooter who knows his ways around guns, is going to know how to reload his weapons quickly. It's difficult for me to imagine a person pinned down, in that church, listening for the tell-tale signs of a reload before they are willing to engage. If someone did have a gun, it's seems most reasonable, that a person would hunker down, and use their weapon, at the very last second possible. Bad tactically, but typical in a high stress situation.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Maybe if the shooter was a noob. A determined shooter who knows his ways around guns, is going to know how to reload his weapons quickly. It's difficult for me to imagine a person pinned down, in that church, listening for the tell-tale signs of a reload before they are willing to engage. If someone did have a gun, it's seems most reasonable, that a person would hunker down, and use their weapon, at the very last second possible. Bad tactically, but typical in a high stress situation.

Seems a lot of people wouldn't think it proper to carry a weapon into church.
    I was of this thinking for a long time. I no longer think there are any safe zones.
    I don't disrespect the church or any church but I have no faith that ALL people will respect the boundaries of a church.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some peiopl think that they should rely on God to protect them in church.

God may well say: "I gave you Samuel Colt, John Browning, Gaston Glock...index fingers...."

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Prayers to all involved. I'm the head of our church security committee. Since this was formed....people have been pointing this stuff out to me. 2 yrs ago, having armed people in the church would have been off the wall. Some would still think it is...but others are definitely looking around and thinking 'hmmmmmmmmm'.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Seems a lot of people wouldn't think it proper to carry a weapon into church.
    I was of this thinking for a long time. I no longer think there are any safe zones.
    I don't disrespect the church or any church but I have no faith that ALL people will respect the boundaries of a church.

The Pope's bodyguards carry firearms in Saint Peter's Basilica all the time so it must be proper.

Top Bottom