• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I had a good friend growing who's older sister wanted to be a cop from age 10. She completed training, academy, and a year on the job. She was called to a trailer where there was potentially a weapon, she froze up with fear and resigned that night. Sucks to put all that work into a career only to find out when it turns up in the field that you are not cut out for it. No shame, majority of us would fail when facing these types of situations, but we need to filter these officers out of the field fast. This seems like the department and prosecutor are defending this officers extreme failure in the field. Had he been a little better trained with his glock he may have ended up with a fatality. A lawyer will pick this case up and go after the county on behalf of the panicattack catalyzers, after taking a reasonable percentage of the winnings of course.

Sounds to me like that young woman made a good decision for herself BEFORE it was too late for her to change her mind. I don't begrudge her one bit.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    When I was in the air Force, training for law enforcement, we used to have to run through scenarios to get a taste of what could happen. After the scenario, you'd be critiqued and graded. I'll never forget one scenario...

The set up:
    Neighbor calls reporting arguing and other loud noises next door. You respond. You walk up to the open door, peak in and see a man and woman yelling at each other. The woman has a knife. You announce yourself and tell the woman to drop the knife.

The twist:
    As you're focused on the woman with the knife, the closet door at your 10:00 comes flying open and another woman comes flying out of the closet, running towards you, and screaming incoherently. Turns out she's banging the husband and the wife caught them.

The result I'll never forget:
    One guy goes in with his weapon drawn (inert gun - NOT REAL), and is somewhat managing to contain the situation until the girlfriend comes out. He freaks out, double taps her, turns, and double taps the husband and wife. At this time, the instructor (standing behind him) yells that the scenario is over. This guy spins around and double taps the instructor!

We never saw him again.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    LOL: The "Let God sort it out" approach.

It takes a special kind of person to deal with the issues that LEO's deal with every day. I certainly don't have the temperament for it.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    When I was in the air Force, training for law enforcement, we used to have to run through scenarios to get a taste of what could happen. After the scenario, you'd be critiqued and graded. I'll never forget one scenario...

The set up:
    Neighbor calls reporting arguing and other loud noises next door. You respond. You walk up to the open door, peak in and see a man and woman yelling at each other. The woman has a knife. You announce yourself and tell the woman to drop the knife.

The twist:
    As you're focused on the woman with the knife, the closet door at your 10:00 comes flying open and another woman comes flying out of the closet, running towards you, and screaming incoherently. Turns out she's banging the husband and the wife caught them.

The result I'll never forget:
    One guy goes in with his weapon drawn (inert gun - NOT REAL), and is somewhat managing to contain the situation until the girlfriend comes out. He freaks out, double taps her, turns, and double taps the husband and wife. At this time, the instructor (standing behind him) yells that the scenario is over. This guy spins around and double taps the instructor!

We never saw him again.
    Apparently he got a job in Minneapolis!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The thing that infuriates me about a situation like this is it goes from bad to worse. This was clearly a soup sandwich and yet no one in the leadership of the Sheriff's office or the prosecutor's office could look at this and say enough is enough already? It seems highly questionable whether anyone should have been arrested for anything and they spend 43 days in jail? I don't think they'll be living in a mobile home much longer.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    That paramedic have a Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit?

tumblr_o6fesdFoXR1s2wio8o1_500.gif

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It was like a mix of a Dave Chapelle, Trailer Park Boys and Steven King skit, just in time for Halloween...

Youtube video:

[video=youtube;LUrY38ZxEH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUrY38ZxEH0[/video]

Last edited:

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    The real problem isn't that the guy freaked out. The real problem is that he wasn't immediately dismissed from the department. This guy is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Hopefully it won't involve someone getting hurt.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    "give me help...shots fired...give me help". Deputy bubba was not the one who needed help.

#trailerparklivesmatter or some such twitterish tweeting.

Top Bottom