• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I-65 is usually too congested that it's worthy of a toll.
    Widen it out to a minimum of 3 lanes or more on both sides for it's entirety and I'd consider supporting it.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Widen it out to a minimum of 3 lanes or more on both sides for it's entirety and I'd consider supporting it.
    That's what the gas tax was supposed to pay for. We shouldn't have to pay a toll to use it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    :+1:
    Just raised gas tax, now this.
    They haven't even figured out the gas tax yet? I just submitted my feul taxes for the "exempt" diesel, which is no longer exempt, and am waiting to see a "refund"? Guess I'll be bellying up to the WalMart diesel pump if they don't produce the "exempt" refund?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

That's included in the long-term master plan INDOT has for I-65. At least 3 lanes wide from N to S.

Same thing with I-70 and I-69 (North). At least 3 lanes each direction all the way through the state. I think they plan on leaving I-74 as 2 lanes each way.

However, by the time there's funding for it, it'll need to be 4 lanes.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I94 has always been under some form of construction since I can remember. Looks like my trips to/from Wisconsin may be getting a bit longer.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I94 has always been under some form of construction since I can remember. Looks like my trips to/from Wisconsin may be getting a bit longer.
    It isn't a done deal yet. We need to fight this like we would any other stupid thing our governments want to do these days.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    That's included in the long-term master plan INDOT has for I-65. At least 3 lanes wide from N to S.

Same thing with I-70 and I-69 (North). At least 3 lanes each direction all the way through the state. I think they plan on leaving I-74 as 2 lanes each way.

however, by the time there's funding for it, it'll need to be 4 lanes.

Awesome, we will be able to fill every lane with semi's passing each other 1 mph below the speed limit.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Awesome, we will be able to fill every lane with semi's passing each other 1 mph below the speed limit.
    Dude, you're mistaken, what you are talking about is the 2 mile drag race. It's an official NSRA(national semi racers association) sanctioned event. Both trucks governed to 65mph compete to see who can stay just ahead of the other for as many miles as possible without actuall passing!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ... this!!!!
    First 80/94 in nwi is a f... parking lot all the f.. time coming back from chicago. I have quit using it nothing but delays and more delays and now take the side streets thru the south side of chicago.

Second IN current toll system sucks. In IL with the ez pass you can continue at any speed and pass the toll plaza fast lane and it picks you up. Im do 65/70 and have cars passing me at 85+ and no issues at the toll booth. IN on the other hand makes you slow down close to stopping to pass te toll booth. Get with the program IN. Im paying to go and avoid traffic. Why the f.. are you making me stop at the toll booth! Go ask IL how they do it for crying out loud

Third f... them they just increased the gas tax and we have s... to show for it. You dont get more of our money yet.

Can some1 please call the n.k. dude and give him the gps coordinated for our indy politicians. They have lost their minds!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Kentucky actually removed a toll road once.

Okay. I stand corrected. Once.

... this!!!!
    First 80/94 in nwi is a f... parking lot all the f.. time coming back from chicago. I have quit using it nothing but delays and more delays and now take the side streets thru the south side of chicago.

Second IN current toll system sucks. In IL with the ez pass you can continue at any speed and pass the toll plaza fast lane and it picks you up. Im do 65/70 and have cars passing me at 85+ and no issues at the toll booth. IN on the other hand makes you slow down close to stopping to pass te toll booth. Get with the program IN. Im paying to go and avoid traffic. Why the f.. are you making me stop at the toll booth! Go ask IL how they do it for crying out loud

Third f... them they just increased the gas tax and we have s... to show for it. You dont get more of our money yet.

Can some1 please call the n.k. dude and give him the gps coordinated for our indy politicians. They have lost their minds!!!

No, you don't pay to avoid traffic.
    You pay, because you're betters know how to spend your money better than you do

Top Bottom