• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I drove to and from Jasper yesterday...this is what the US-41-63-41 corridor needs for revitalization.

That's quite a haul...

9.6 hours driving, 1.1 hour meeting.

FaceTime, or Skype, is your friend. Even extending to a two hour FaceTime meeting to allow for accurate communication in place of Face-to-Face conversation, you still save a chunk of time, change, and cursing at traffic and stupid drivers. I managed to do it with personnel in Asia while I was in Indiana, and with managers in The Fort when I was in Mongolia and China.

Avoids the road tolls, too.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    FaceTime, or Skype, is your friend. Even extending to a two hour FaceTime meeting to allow for accurate communication in place of Face-to-Face conversation, you still save a chunk of time, change, and cursing at traffic and stupid drivers. I managed to do it with personnel in Asia while I was in Indiana, and with managers in The Fort when I was in Mongolia and China.

There is no substitute for a face to face meeting. If conveying of information is all that is at issue, we can use e-mail. I'm a trial lawyer. I know the information. What I really need to get to know is the witness.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Indiana interstate tolling study advances with a request for proposals | Northwest Indiana Business Headlines | nwitimes.com

Use I-65 or I-70 much...Maybe 465 and 94?

I drove to and from Jasper yesterday...this is what the US-41-63-41 corridor needs for revitalization.

That's quite a haul...

9.6 hours driving, 1.1 hour meeting.

There is no substitute for a face to face meeting. If conveying of information is all that is at issue, we can use e-mail. I'm a trial lawyer. I know the information. What I really need to get to know is the witness.

I stand corrected.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, I seem to recall saying some things about that worthless GDMFSB we have for a governor before he was elected, or even appointed Lt. Governor. SITYS.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Dynamic toll pricing is market rate driving. Sounds fair. At first. The heavier the traffic, the higher the toll rate. If you can't afford it you have to wait until the traffic volume (and the toll rate) goes down. But the semi that has to stay on schedule is going to pay the $100+ toll at peak hours and those costs are going to be added to the price of the goods he's carrying. Joe Shmoe that can't afford to drive at peak hours will still get to pay his fair share when he buys the tomato, lawn chair or any other goods that were delivered on those roads.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Indot gets involved in lots of stuff besides roads. Stellar grants, rail to trail projects, moving stuff grants, the list goes on and each item needs money to fund the project and staff it.

Always follow the money.....

...as it leaves your wallet and travels to the well connected.

rails to trails is nothing more than INDOT stealing land from the owners after the RR end there 100 years lease.......INDOT is as lawless as they get....

Top Bottom