• cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How is that new baby going to fit into all those plans:dunno:

;)

haha, well the wife won't be back to work for a couple months. I'm hoping I can fit it all in then :draw:. I got a buddy with 3 kids that gets out a bunch, ill use him as my excuse to go to. If he can do it with 3, I can with one!! :yesway:

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Good luck with that;)

It's been my experience that Momma won't want to stay home and take care of the baby every Sunday and 3 evenings a week while Daddy goes to play at the range and the gym. I believe I remember hearing things like, "It's your baby too!" and "If I don't get out of this house, I'm going to ......"

That and Daddy realizes spending time with his baby might become his new highest priority.

Hell, my baby just turned 34 yesterday and I still don't shoot Sat matches so I can spend time with the GF/grandkids.
    Either way, being a good father is more important than shooting, again, IMO.

Good luck, parenthood is a lifetime sentence.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Good luck with that;)

It's been my experience that Momma won't want to stay home and take care of the baby every Sunday and 3 evenings a week while Daddy goes to play at the range and the gym. I believe I remember hearing things like, "It's your baby too!" and "If I don't get out of this house, I'm going to ......"

That and Daddy realizes spending time with his baby might become his new highest priority.

Hell, my baby just turned 34 yesterday and I still don't shoot Sat matches so I can spend time with the GF/grandkids.
    Either way, being a good father is more important than shooting, again, IMO.

Good luck, parenthood is a lifetime sentence.

yup

The real gut check is when the kid is old enough to talk and you get, "...but I don't want you to go shoot, I want you to stay home and play with ME."

On weekends I shoot, I try to do extra w/ the kids on the other day (go to park, etc). If I shoot a major (gone sun-up to sun-down), I try to take a day of vacation on Friday or Monday so the familiy still gets a 2 day weekend (which still being relatively new at my job limits my vaca, which limits matches).

same with practicing.... hard to go after work, or by the time I get home as the sun goes down, the kids are ready for bed and the wife is peeved, cause she had to do all the baths, etc. She gets enough of that when I work over (like 16 hrs yesterday), so my only practice is when I can get away from work or maybe an hour on a Sat....

I used to practice 1-2x per week and shoot at least 3 matches per month. Now....?

looking forward to the time the kids can come WITH ME! :)

-rvb

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Finish my range, double my 2012 practice ammo use, finish top 5 in 3 Gun Nation Pro Series, win $50,000 at Vegas again just like I'm going to do in January.

I also want to start in the PRS, Precision Rifle Series.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I'm going to shoot USPSA again, but hopefully get to more matches in 2013.

I'm also going to switch from limited to production and use my EDC Glock 19... seems like a challenge and probably a good idea to get a bunch of trigger time on my EDC.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I thought of something else: I'd like to get skilled and confident enough with the Glocks that I don't have to consciously think about the trigger press on each and every shot and still get the hits I need to get.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Finish my range, double my 2012 practice ammo use, finish top 5 in 3 Gun Nation Pro Series, win $50,000 at Vegas again just like I'm going to do in January.

I also want to start in the PRS, Precision Rifle Series.

I actually just watched you smoke the clays stage at the pro/am on 3GN... Sick!
    I didn't know you posted here. Just checked out your forum, pretty nice!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have to adjust my shooting goals for next year due to a financial change.

So:
    No multi-gun, but I will try Steel Challenge without the rifle part. If I can learn to shoot my 1911, some IDPA, and if I can leave work early enough once in awhile, some trap/skeet with my old waterfowl shotgun.

Have decided that for next year I have to work with what I have. I don't have a tactical shotgun or a 9mm. Or the myriad of gear it takes to shoot a multi-gun match.

Will spectate matches again to learn what I can though.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

So:
    No multi-gun, but I will try Steel Challenge without the rifle part. If I can learn to shoot my 1911, some IDPA, and if I can leave work early enough once in awhile, some trap/skeet with my old waterfowl shotgun.

Have decided that for next year I have to work with what I have. I don't have a tactical shotgun or a 9mm. Or the myriad of gear it takes to shoot a multi-gun match.

3 gun is an expensive sport. I've got thousands in 3 gun guns and gear...shot one or two matches last year.

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I actually just watched you smoke the clays stage at the pro/am on 3GN... Sick!
    I didn't know you posted here. Just checked out your forum, pretty nice!

Thanks man. I got lucky, again. I post here and everywhere! Seriously, I think I have accounts on over 80 forums.

3 gun is an expensive sport. I've got thousands in 3 gun guns and gear...shot one or two matches last year.

I try not to think of 3 gun as being expensive. I like to think of it as the outlet for me to use all the expensive guns I already have and an excuse to buy more expensive guns, gear, and ammo. Without 3 gun my guns would still be expensive but all I would do with it is clean and polish it. :)

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Continue to hone my pistols skills by shooting USPSA locals and majors.

Place in the top 10% at the CMMG Midwest 3 gun. Finished about 45% this year.

Place top 20% on the Pro side at the AR15 Pro/Am. This is my main one for the year. The talent pool at this match is huge and I will really have to have my ducks in a row to be a contender that high on the finish list.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Starting to think about goals for 2013. Not finalized yet but thinking along these lines:
    1) A year of focus on better trigger control and improved accuracy.
    2) Improved performance with the Production gun

Planning to order a gross of male nats tomorrow. When it warms up I am going to get started shooting the nuts off them at 25 yards.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Learn to shoot better.

Get the M card in PRD and SS.

Win more matches.

Have fun.

I think I learned to shoot better, check.

M cards, Boom.

DoubleM_zps7508b611.jpg

Out of 18 USPSA matches, I won my division overall in 11 of them.

And I had a ton of fun. 2013 Missions accomplished.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

So:

Here is how I did:

No multi-gun as expected. I did one Steel Challenge and it was dreadful. I didn't shoot my 1911 much due to financial restraints and time.

I did shoot quite a bit of Trap though. I couldn't make to my local club to shoot very ofter because they start at 5, but I went to MCFG since they started at 6 and I could make that pretty easy. It is actually closer to my work than home is. It was a lot of fun.

I bought a 9mm, but didn't shoot it much since I have been unable to find mags for it all year. I may sell it and buy a different 9mm.

I also did an Appleseed with my wife. We really enjoyed it and I am planning on doing some more next year.

I didn't spectate any matches this year.

Someone should start a new thread for 2014 goals.

Top Bottom