• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Well at least she called you crazy. That doesn't put you in the same category as me cause mine is awkward to respond to. My wife said, "You're nuts." I said,
    "What about em." Ohhh, that was baaad.

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Get her involved with the shooting sports like Steel Challenge. She can use her .22 rifle and have a fun time. Or in IDPA or USPSA.

That is what I did. Wife shoots with me every Saturday at either an IDPA, Steel Challenge, or Bowling Pin match. We have a great time and she has met other female shooting enthusiast.

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    well at least you got yours on the train. now all ya have to do is pull her closer the to engine and not let her go back toward the kaboos. just buy here a nice.22 semi auto and have it custom painted pink and purple and you will be all in for the win.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    If she shoots guns, yet makes a comment that "you are too gun crazy... you need to SLOW DOWN" (key words are SLOW DOWN)... it MIGHT BE that she feels she is playing 2nd fiddle to your hobby. Considering the fact that she obviously is pro-gun.

Consider skipping getting her a new gun (which could potentially turn her off more) and use the money to take her somewhere very un-gun related for the weekend?

Obviously I could be way off... with my lady however, unless she is against me doing something, she won't usually complain unless I am doing it (whatever it might be) to the point where she feels ignored.

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^

She's not saying stop, but if she doesn't like it as much as you, she may feel it is taking over your (and by proxy her) life -- which is not what she wants.

I started w/ introducing her to camping followed w/ a night at a nice hotel & a play -- worked wonders

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    ^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^

She's not saying stop, but if she doesn't like it as much as you, she may feel it is taking over your (and by proxy her) life -- which is not what she wants.

I started w/ introducing her to camping followed w/ a night at a nice hotel & a play -- worked wonders

We both go overboard with things like everyone. We spoke about it a little last night and she just felt that I was getting things that I like without thinking about what she likes. (long story short, she wants a new gun) I'm going to ablige her on this and probably take a couple other suggestions about competitions and maybe with some training. I'm very interested in the Appleseed program after looking at it. I think that's right up her ally and will be a good experience for us both in terms of education, respect and mutual involvement. I'm really hoping I can get more suggestions about things to do together or handguns she might like from people. (I'd prefer not to get more comments about how to treat my wife. Though I guess I opened myself up for it so flame on if you feel the need. I do prefer purple text sarcasm and joking to the serious people though.):n00b:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    (I'd prefer not to get more comments about how to treat my wife. Though I guess I opened myself up for it so flame on if you feel the need. I do prefer purple text sarcasm and joking to the serious people though.):n00b:

Not certain what you consider a flame, just relaying what worked for me when my wife made a similar comment :dunno:

Good to hear yours is into it as much as you are, mine lost interest after a few years and started to give a little grief (hence the above.)

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    how are you guys on "prepping"?

I sold it at first as a way to prepare for tornadoes, ice storms, power outages and such. Do you guys have a months worth of food, water, med supplies and such?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So, the wife said it the other day… “You’re gun crazy, you need to slow down!” I winced, I admit. I don’t think I am gun crazy, I’ve purchased 2 pistols and one rifle in the past 4 months (not including hers). I think the issue is that she’s not as into it as I am and I need to find a way to get her just a little bit more into it. She loves shooting and has her own Glock 26 but she doesn’t like shooting anything else other than her .22 rifle. I was thinking of trying to find a .22 semi-auto pistol and jazzing it up with some new grips or other personalization. Any of you ladies out there have any suggestions? Or guys that have worked through this with their spouses?

Some facts.

- She’s a girl.

- She loves to shoot but is particular about what she shoots.

- She loves the color pink.

- She’s kind of a girly girl but has fond memories of shooting with her grandfather.

- She likes surprises.

Or maybe you could just accept the fact that she's not ever going to enjoy it on the same level you do and leave it at that. Your biggest mistake will be trying to bend her to what you want her to be.

There's a reason she said what she said, but none of us here will really ever know what that reason it. Hell, you might not ever know. Unless she's completely opposed to firearms or you're spending money unwisely (or unfairly in her mind), it doesn't really matter. Chances are the firearm purchases aren't the real issue. Just a symptom. Or a safe target of attack than what's really bothering her.

But don't for a minute think that making her enjoy shooting sports more is going to eliminate whatever made her make that comment.

It sounds like she was feeling a little left out of your source of joy. Essentially, the message to her was that guns give you greater happiness than she does. I'm 99.9% sure she didn't have that as a conscience thought. The female mind is convoluted on these issues.

Your goal shouldn't be to have her enjoy guns as much as you do, but have her enjoy them as much as she wants to.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Or maybe you could just accept the fact that she's not ever going to enjoy it on the same level you do and leave it at that. Your biggest mistake will be trying to bend her to what you want her to be.

There's a reason she said what she said, but none of us here will really ever know what that reason it. Hell, you might not ever know. Unless she's completely opposed to firearms or you're spending money unwisely (or unfairly in her mind), it doesn't really matter. Chances are the firearm purchases aren't the real issue. Just a symptom. Or a safe target of attack than what's really bothering her.

But don't for a minute think that making her enjoy shooting sports more is going to eliminate whatever made her make that comment.

It sounds like she was feeling a little left out of your source of joy. Essentially, the message to her was that guns give you greater happiness than she does. I'm 99.9% sure she didn't have that as a conscience thought. The female mind is convoluted on these issues.

Your goal shouldn't be to have her enjoy guns as much as you do, but have her enjoy them as much as she wants to.

I agree with the red part. :D

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    When I first started buying them I had a bit of an issue with mine, mostly just about all the money I was spending on them. We talked about it and I explained that I prefer to keep alot of my money in assets. If I buy a $500 gun, I can always get close to, if not the entire $500 back and sometimes even an extra couple of bucks.
    So rather than let my $500 sit in the bank doing nothing, I can enjoy my $500 and if need be turn it into cash. If we find ourselves short I sell one of them (and they are very sellable), I just try to buy more than I sell. ;)
    Even if the dollar takes a crap, possesions (guns) won't, say the SHTF guns are great for defense, hunting and tradeing.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    When I first started buying them I had a bit of an issue with mine, mostly just about all the money I was spending on them. We talked about it and I explained that I prefer to keep alot of my money in assets. If I buy a $500 gun, I can always get close to, if not the entire $500 back and sometimes even an extra couple of bucks.
    So rather than let my $500 sit in the bank doing nothing, I can enjoy my $500 and if need be turn it into cash. If we find ourselves short I sell one of them (and they are very sellable), I just try to buy more than I sell. ;)
    Even if the dollar takes a crap, possesions (guns) won't, say the SHTF guns are great for defense, hunting and tradeing.

Very true, I'm not looking to stockpile or anything though but it's a sound way to save.

Top Bottom