• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    What is it about the Glock/P80 that I keep getting hot brass bouncing off my head? Dont get it with my Gig or Springfield. Would gladly upgrade a part if needed.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I struggled with that issue with my Glock 30 [both of them). I swapped extractors out, filed them and tried every trick I could find on-line. I finally stopped the issue by selling them both. I never had the issue with any of my G20s, G23s or G21 but did get it occasionally with both of my G19s.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Search the web for "Glock Brass to Face". Not sure specifically about the P80, but there were runs of certain gen Glocks that seemed to do it more than others. Depending on generation of gun, there is a lot of info out there about swapping ejector housings/ejectors and which part numbers you wanted, etc if I recall (went down that road several years ago myself).

For some that fixed it, for others there seemed to be more of a tolerance stacking that required other part swaps such as extractors as well, etc.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The first Gen 3 G17 I had would do that. Would dump brass right back at my forehead.

Some of the glock fanboys here were convinced that I wasn't holding the gun correctly - because of Glock perfection and all that.

A) I wish I'd kept that gun.

B) if not too much of an imposition, maybe try a lighter weight recoil spring. Maybe a touch more velocity on the slide will help eject them farther/harder. That's just a WAG though.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's most prominent with the Gen 4s. I've not heard anyone complain about P80s doing it. My Gen 3s never give me BTF. They have the 336 ejector and so does my P80s

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've not had the problem with my Gen4's or Gen5's. It's not like it doesn't occasionally happen though.

Not sure that sometimes it's the combination of the specific loads and specific guns?

I do know that if you learn to run a timer, and RO enough matches, that you become pretty immune to it.

Embrace the brass... ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did find that I could minimize the issue with my G30's by running hot reloads. It didn't happen much with hot carry ammo either. I did try the lighter springs in my G30's hoping that it would help but it didn't. I really like the G30 and it sucked to sell them.

I really hope you figure it out OP. I never did and in the end, lost interest in trying

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    I did find that I could minimize the issue with my G30's by running hot reloads. It didn't happen much with hot carry ammo either. I did try the lighter springs in my G30's hoping that it would help but it didn't. I really like the G30 and it sucked to sell them.

I really hope you figure it out OP. I never did and in the end, lost interest in trying
    ya thanks, as with anything, its $$$. Not willing to dump much more in the P80, maybe a little.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Take slide off and barrel out, and use a punch or a pencil and see if you can move the extractor, or see if its stuck.

I was an early adopter of the g4 19 mos and had this very issue of brass smacking me in the face. Had multiple people shoot it with same results, and even put it in a ransom rest and video’d it shooting brass straight up or back.

In my case it turned out there was a burr in the extractor pocket that prevented the extractor from moving at all.

Glocks answer was to shoot it to break it in, my answer was I’m not spending more money in ammo, eyewear, and optical surgery to fix their poor machining.

They eventually replaced the entire gun. New gun has zero issues. 4k rounds and counting.

Top Bottom