• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Take slide off and barrel out, and use a punch or a pencil and see if you can move the extractor, or see if its stuck.

I was an early adopter of the g4 19 mos and had this very issue of brass smacking me in the face. Had multiple people shoot it with same results, and even put it in a ransom rest and video’d it shooting brass straight up or back.

In my case it turned out there was a burr in the extractor pocket that prevented the extractor from moving at all.

Glocks answer was to shoot it to break it in, my answer was I’m not spending more money in ammo, eyewear, and optical surgery to fix their poor machining.

They eventually replaced the entire gun. New gun has zero issues. 4k rounds and counting.
    wow, how much shlould it move?

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Except for the one that clears your cranium and dive bombs down the back of your shirt. That one is responsible for some mighty inventive scatology, as well as amazing "interpretive" dance steps! :runaway:
    My personal favorite is when they go straight up and land between your glasses and cheek.

Still have that .45 casing sized scar on my cheek if you look hard enough.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Back when I bought my Gen 4 G19, I remember people having issues with this. I was thinking they said it had something to do with the dual spring recoil rod assembly. Glock was even sending different assemblies on request.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Gee Mr.Obvious, does it do this outside? Or only st an indoor range in your stall where the brass is stricking the partition to the right of you and then bouncing off your noggin?!?

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Been a couple of years ago… fine looking lady next to me shooting her SW pistol… she is a heck of a shot with professional training. Next thing I hear is fowl words and commotion… I step back just in time to see more than I should be seeing of her… :eek::)!!!
    Got me an eyeful!!!
    She calmed down and resumed shooting once she cleared her… um… rogue casing.
    She was not dressed inappropriately. Just a hot random case made the perfect landing right down her shirt. We’ve all been there. I felt bad for her!
    I was impressed by her skilled response! Pistol was on the bench, mag out, slide locked back aimed down range. She apologized to me for startling me.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I too have a behind the safety glass side of the eye burn scar, and my wife did the 9mm down blouse boogie at the old gun bunker once. Whew hoo!
    I was lit up a few times in my Army days.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    How bout a .50 down the back of your body armor?

7.62 between face and chin strap?

Pistol brass don’t leave permanent scars!

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    This brings to mind two old stories.

I am a left eye dominate in the Corps back in '77 and the M16 would chuck them right back at me. Several would land in my collar and burn me but, of course, you could not admit to pain or the consequences would be worse. It was a little strange marching around Parris Island with all the men looking like I had 'hickies' on my neck...

My local gunsmith had a woman bring back in a semiauto shotgun she had bought for her husband that had an issue. She insisted on watching him work. He told her this model is gas operated and it was out of gas and sent her to Walmart to buy some shotgun gas. It was fixed by the time she returned...

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    get you a brass catcher

mexican-man-wearing-sombrero-25962512.jpg

Top Bottom