• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Had a question, that I wanted to double check on before I did it. I have applied for my LTCH but I still have not received it.

Next weekend I was planning on going over to a buddies house and we were going to shoot out there since he has some land. Am I allowed to take my pistol? I know you can take it to a range if you dont have a LTCH, as long as it is in your trunk unloaded and the ammo is kept seperate, but I wasnt sure if I could take it up there, since its not a range, and I would be carrying it on my person while we were around his property.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, or if someone knows a place to find the Indiana laws for tranporting your firearms, I would appreciate that as well! :ingo:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    You can't transport it off your property without your LTCH, can someone with a LTCH pickup the gun and take it out there?

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    You can't transport it off your property without your LTCH, can someone with a LTCH pickup the gun and take it out there?

I have another friend that will be riding with me, he will have his, but its not registered to him, is that a problem?

I am glad I brought this up now, because I was planning on driving down for the PW shoot in Novemeber, but if I still haven't received my LTCH...

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I have another friend that will be riding with me, he will have his, but its not registered to him, is that a problem?

I am glad I brought this up now, because I was planning on driving down for the PW shoot in Novemeber, but if I still haven't received my LTCH...

Technically, it isn't "registered" to you either.

If he has his LTCH, he can transport his guns... ;)You could gift the gun to him before departing for your buddies house and he could gift it back to you when you get there... repeat this process for the ride home.;)

Note: I assume he can transport your guns too... I was just joking about the gifting business above. But if stopped, you'd want to make clear that HE is in possession of the guns. Come to think of it, it would probably be best if he were driving... I'm not exactly sure how that all works out legally.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

Gun aren't registered to anyone in Indiana, make sure it's not within your reach loaded and have your friend say it's his if by chance you get pulled over.

not legal advice, but I've done this and had no problem

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Thanks for the info guys. If I dont get my LTCH by November...I may have to bribe another INGO member with a box of donuts to take my pistol to the group shoot :)

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Won't your friend get mad if you do that? Unless you can't hit the broad side of a barn, you might put little holes in his siding...

Yea, I know, a smartass comes out of the woodwork....

I always wondered why I start cracking stupid jokes when I fire up the table saw and router. :dunno:

A smartass comes out of the wood work.

Now I know. :yesway:

Top Bottom