• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Like the Indy500, Colts and Pacers events, I've yet to note any shootings inside the conferences and various other events. However, a number of crimes do occur outside all these forums as well.

If 10 consecutive sellout night games were played in downtown Indy by the Colts, perhaps such would be more obvious to the individuals spouting that such resources expended, weren't anywhere equal.

Dude, you just never can admit you're wrong or at least might be wrong. These people were there b/c of the event and it's goings on. Must be nice to be so perfect. So all I can say to you is Good Day Sir!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Where are all of those people who said the the IBE was no worse than any other event? They were posting figures and saying no more cops or services were needed for this event than a Colts or Pacers game.

Actually a lot more cops are required for IBE and Circle City Classic than are required for Colts or Pacers games. At IBE and CCC there are between 4-6 officers stationed at every intersection in the downtown area for traffic control. ERG (the riot squad) had 12 squads (8 officers per squad) plus 4 two-officer teams out, for a total of 104 officers. All of the motorcycle cops were out, and every district cancelled the day off for street officers. About 400 extra are required for IBE and CCC.

Pacers games don't get any extra police presence other than the 'cycle unit and part-time officers, and the Colts games only get the 'cycle unit and 1 ERG squad, unless it is a playoff game where 2 squads will be out.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Like the Indy500, Colts and Pacers events, I've yet to note any shootings inside the conferences and various other events. However, a number of crimes do occur outside all these forums as well.

If 10 consecutive sellout night games were played in downtown Indy by the Colts, perhaps such would be more obvious to the individuals spouting that such resources expended, weren't anywhere equal.

The Brickyard 400 is in town this coming weekend.

Let's just see how many fights, shootings or other "comparable" crimes are committed by an even larger crowd than the IBE, this weekend?

I guess you could call this coming weekend, "NASCAR White Trash Expo"? :laugh:

:popcorn:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Actually a lot more cops are required for IBE and Circle City Classic than are required for Colts or Pacers games. At IBE and CCC there are between 4-6 officers stationed at every intersection in the downtown area for traffic control. ERG (the riot squad) had 12 squads (8 officers per squad) plus 4 two-officer teams out, for a total of 104 officers. All of the motorcycle cops were out, and every district cancelled the day off for street officers. About 400 extra are required for IBE and CCC.

Pacers games don't get any extra police presence other than the 'cycle unit and part-time officers, and the Colts games only get the 'cycle unit and 1 ERG squad, unless it is a playoff game where 2 squads will be out.

Thank you for some facts. It's plain to see that there are more cops on the streets during these events. I have to agree with IndyMonkey too about how crime and arrest are kept under raps during these events. It would have been pretty hard to downplay last nights shootings. After everyone was dispersed from downtown they ended up in Broad Ripple. I went to the store about 2am and there were more hoopties in BR than I have ever seen. Traffic was terrible.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I think we have 1 ERG squad per home Colts game working plus traffic units (cycles, reserves, and CVP's ;civilian volunteers) and all they do is direct traffic and only cycles/ERG getting paid. Pacer's game is only the traffic assignments, no ERG. Now there are off-duty LEO that work inside Conseco but they are there for EVERY event inside no matter what it is paid by Conseco. I worked the 500 for ERG and we only had 1 squad. We, with a few Speedway PD officers were the only ones patrolling inside the track. We arrested 1 and SPD arrested 5? for the day. The rest off the assigned officers only direct traffic and nothing else. I will be at the Brickyard and once again, expect little to no trouble.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think we have 1 ERG squad per home Colts game working plus traffic units (cycles, reserves, and CVP's ;civilian volunteers) and all they do is direct traffic and only cycles/ERG getting paid. Pacer's game is only the traffic assignments, no ERG. Now there are off-duty LEO that work inside Conseco but they are there for EVERY event inside no matter what it is paid by Conseco. I worked the 500 for ERG and we only had 1 squad. We, with a few Speedway PD officers were the only ones patrolling inside the track. We arrested 1 and SPD arrested 5? for the day. The rest off the assigned officers only direct traffic and nothing else. I will be at the Brickyard and once again, expect little to no trouble.

Thanks for the facts. :yesway:

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I took preventative evacuation measures for the day to avaoid downtown violence.

I loaded up the family and went to Oldenberg Indiana's response to Black Expo. Official Freudenfest Website

A great day had by all. Plenty of German Beer, crowds walking around, antique tractors and NO SHOOTINGS!!!!!

Did I mention I am ready to move out of Indy?! ha.

I hope you had a good time and plenty of good food. We probably saw each other and never knew it.
    I am sure there were plenty of guns there as well but like you said NO SHOOTINGS!

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I didn't know the Black Expo was still going on or that the shooting had happened. My son and I went to the mall yesterday and met his friend and friend's dad for my son's birthday lunch and a couple hours at the arcade.

While at the mall, the obnoxiousness of the other clients was quite noticeable. We go to that mall often as a family and never have any problems but yesterday was quite different. Plus, there were ISP everywhere in the mall.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    They are talking on the news now that future events downtown will be locked down like sporting events to where anyone wanting to come in downtown will be searched to make a protected/secured area for event goers...

City to reassess downtown security - fox59.com

City leaders have at least two early ideas to address those two main issues. They suggested working with downtown hotels to crack down on parents who are booking rooms for their children to stay in without chaperons. In order to keep guns off the street they will consider creating safety zones in which vehicle traffic would be restricted and crowds would be required to enter at security checkpoints.

"Search individuals coming in like we would a to a basketball game or to a football game," Straub said. "Use magnetometers or wands to search for weapons."

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    They are talking on the news now that future events downtown will be locked down like sporting events to where anyone wanting to come in downtown will be searched to make a protected/secured area for event goers...

Yeah, I saw that. No 4A issues there! If you want to walk around on a public sidewalk, they want to search you. No thanks.

I DID like how the BE folks have taken a bit stronger stance than in the past. Laid the blame where it belongs - with the parents who are letting their kids run the streets. One pastor even called them "young hooligans".

My opinion - the answer is not a yet-stronger police presence (it obviously does nothing), but for the BE to tighten up their own policies and policing.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Another thought on the debate and for comparison. Everyone brings up the races as "White Expo" to compare to IBE. I will apologize if I offend anyone with this opinion, but It is not in malice. The biggest stereotypical "white trash" redneck fest I know of is the Boogie. There is a large range of economic classes represented and there is an ABUNDANCE of alcohol involved all weekend. There is also minimal security it would seem. So my question is, with all these factors, how many shootings, violent crimes are there per year for this event????
    just food for thought in the comparisons dept.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Another thought on the debate and for comparison. Everyone brings up the races as "White Expo" to compare to IBE. I will apologize if I offend anyone with this opinion, but It is not in malice. The biggest stereotypical "white trash" redneck fest I know of is the Boogie. There is a large range of economic classes represented and there is an ABUNDANCE of alcohol involved all weekend. There is also minimal security it would seem. So my question is, with all these factors, how many shootings, violent crimes are there per year for this event????
    just food for thought in the comparisons dept.

Ogre, I'll thank you to take you facts and cause trouble elsewhere. Good day sir!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

That will create some interesting issues in regards to the state law and Constitution, since municipalities are only allowed to control and ban firearms on property owned by the city. Exclusive of public thorofares, IIRC, though I've not looked that part up this morning.

Top Bottom