• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Just getting word that there has been a shooting in a Martinsville Middle School. Rumor has it that it was a suspended student and that at least one person has been Life Lined. Any one know anything for sure?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    School shooting in Martinsville

NBC news is reporting a shooting at West Middle School in Martinsville. The reports are minimal at this point, but the shooter is reportedly still at large.

I can't believe this story. Everyone knows guns aren't allowed on school property except in possession of law enforcement.

All sarcasm aside, my prayers are that no one has been injured or killed, but are with any victims and/or their families, if they were.

Blessings,
    Bill

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    According to the HT, police have a suspect in custody. They believe that the shooter was an expelled student. One person has been shot in the abdomen and Life Lined.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    According to the HT, the police have a suspect in custody. One person was shot in the abdomen and Life Lined. They believe the shooter was an expelled student.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Proof yet again that victim disarmament zones really do work. One can only wonder if a legally armed teacher or parent could have improved the outcome. Oh well, at least with the school's zero tolerance policy, we can be sure that the shooter will probably be expelled.....again.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just read it too on CNN.com. Of course the comments are already flying.

Prayers for all involved, especially the individual who was wounded.

Proof again that people intent on doing harm to another human being are going to do it, whether there are laws telling them "They Can't" or not.

CaptainMorgan92

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    It really is a shame. I can't believe someone would do this.

But while its illegal to carry a gun on school property, without the proper counter-measures a determined person could just walk in with a weapon.

I think teachers should be able to carry, I see no problem with responsible staff members being armed.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    Seriously?!? I know a few kids that go there...Well I hope they find the shooter, and the child life flighted makes a quick and full recovery. Just reminds me of how scary it can be to go to school...(sitting in his university parking lot...) Time to make some phone calls. :(

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    "No word when students will be released to the parents."

I understand the need to secure the location and keep it organized. I really do. But damn it, I despise the idea that the school has the authority to hold students until they deem it safe. Safe is in my custody under my supervision. I'm glad I won't have to deal with that.

I hope the victim is okay. Any word yet on who it was? Student, staff?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Just read that MCCSC locked down Bloomington North HS because of this incident. I guess they don't realize that a middle school student that is already in police custody wouldn't be able to shoot anyone there from twenty miles away.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    "No word when students will be released to the parents."

I understand the need to secure the location and keep it organized. I really do. But damn it, I despise the idea that the school has the authority to hold students until they deem it safe. Safe is in my custody under my supervision. I'm glad I won't have to deal with that.

I hope the victim is okay. Any word yet on who it was? Student, staff?
    Rumor is that the victim is a student.

Top Bottom