• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Read the article. Yet another illegal gun owner who should not have had so much as a BB gun in a state with some of the most stringent gun laws. Those laws do nothing to stop the outlaws and did nothing to stop this one. California is has a badly failed socio-economic and criminal justice system. This shooter is a product of it. Until that is fixed, these kinds of events will be repeated.

John

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder how stupid commiefornia can get. Maybe making murder double illegal? Like a double death penalty, that once you have completed a life sentence, you will then face an immediate execution. Yeah, I'm sure that would stop killings just like their gun laws have stopped using firearms for shooting people.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The gun control arguments and NRA blame at the end of the article are SO TYPICAL
    The Internet trolls have gathered by the thousands again in the comments. I'm left wondering when I see that if the Russians are still continuing to operate the posting bots to create the seeming insanity with dueling bots slinging invectives at each other.

John

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Read the article. Yet another illegal gun owner who should not have had so much as a BB gun in a state with some of the most stringent gun laws. Those laws do nothing to stop the outlaws and did nothing to stop this one. California is has a badly failed socio-economic and criminal justice system. This shooter is a product of it. Until that is fixed, these kinds of events will be repeated.

John

Dunno if it's verified, but I read somewhere that the shooter was currently out on bail for stabbing a female neighbor. The bail system is pretty messed up, but "shanking a woman" seems like one of those things you should probably be denied bail for. Of course he had a domestic violence history and a felony conviction.

Supposedly the neighbors had problems with him, and recently heard him doing a lot of shooting on his land. They knew he was a felon. Softball weapons charges conviction didn't happen why, again?

Sounds like the local LEOs needed to get their **** together.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dunno if it's verified, but I read somewhere that the shooter was currently out on bail for stabbing a female neighbor. The bail system is pretty messed up, but "shanking a woman" seems like one of those things you should probably be denied bail for. Of course he had a domestic violence history and a felony conviction.

Supposedly the neighbors had problems with him, and recently heard him doing a lot of shooting on his land. They knew he was a felon. Softball weapons charges conviction didn't happen why, again?

If you are a repeat offender............"NO BAIL"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It is usually not the street LEO that is the issue. It is the prosecutors looking for victory on a grand scale to advance his/her career. If LEO knows his efforts are wasted he might choose not to waste his efforts.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Northern California man targeted neighbors then continued shooting rampage at elementary school - abcactionnews.com WFTS-TV

A Northern California man killed two neighbors with whom he had been feuding before he went on a shooting rampage Tuesday at apparent random sites — including an elementary school that successfully locked him out — in a series of attacks where he killed two more people and injured 10 before police fatally shot him, officials said.

Police said surveillance video shows the shooter unsuccessfully trying to enter a nearby elementary school after quick-thinking staff members locked the outside doors and barricaded themselves inside when they heard gunshots.

Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said the gunman spent about six minutes shooting into Rancho Tehama Elementary School before driving off to continue shooting elsewhere.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Once again, there are signs that show up almost every time. Prior violence especially domestic violence...restraining order...police were called on a domestic violence call the day before...all signs something could explode and escalate.

However, let's not lose sight of the one thing that was done to save lives - teachers and administrators at the school did not wait for police to order a lock down, they did it themselves. Quick action locked all the doors and made it difficult to access and that undoubtedly saved lives at the school. Good on them. Short of having armed security, it was the next best thing they could do. Even with security lock-down is the right thing to do.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Multiple reports now that shooter had killed his wife and buried her under the floor of their residence before his killing spree.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Once again, there are signs that show up almost every time. Prior violence especially domestic violence...restraining order...police were called on a domestic violence call the day before...all signs something could explode and escalate.

However, let's not lose sight of the one thing that was done to save lives - teachers and administrators at the school did not wait for police to order a lock down, they did it themselves. Quick action locked all the doors and made it difficult to access and that undoubtedly saved lives at the school. Good on them. Short of having armed security, it was the next best thing they could do. Even with security lock-down is the right thing to do.

Does California not have a SRO equipped to stop armed nut jobs? Here in Tennessee all schools have Deputy while school is in session.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Too many questions still to be answered. Homemade semi-auto rifles? I'll believe that when I see it. Whack-job pot farmer ain't no John Browning. An upper and a lower, push 2 pins and there you go. Stabbed the neighbor, had restraining order in place, textbook prohibited possessor who shoots guns all the time and no one could do anything? Shoots at a school for six minutes and is able to just drive away and look for more victims? No Stephan Willefords in California, disarmed population and only the bad guys have guns.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The laws were there, a court order was in place, but enforcement was absent because "he didn't answer his door".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Six full minutes shooting at the school while locked out? Try that **** in a free state and see what happens...

I think one guy in Texas tried something like that. Killed a bunch of people before a good guy with a gun managed to stop him.

Come to think of it, its happened a couple times in Texas.

Top Bottom