• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I believe if you detonated a batch of tannerite of about 10lbs or so you will find the answer to your question real quick. I too am not a lawyer, attorney or legal strategist in any form. My views are merely for amusement at this point.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    It’d be interesting to me to see the actual ordinance, and the published definition of what constitutes “city limits”.

i’ve heard the same that no firearms are permitted to be discharged within city limits, but have yet to see a copy.

I have a neighbor (if 2 miles away can be a neighbor) who was supposedly grandfathered in, so is pemitted to shoot on his property. They have plenty of land, plenty of complaining neighbors, and live south of the loop.

Maybe its printed on unobtanium?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It’d be interesting to me to see the actual ordinance, and the published definition of what constitutes “city limits”.

i’ve heard the same that no firearms are permitted to be discharged within city limits, but have yet to see a copy.

I have a neighbor (if 2 miles away can be a neighbor) who was supposedly grandfathered in, so is pemitted to shoot on his property. They have plenty of land, plenty of complaining neighbors, and live south of the loop.

Maybe its printed on unobtanium?

It's printed on the internet, as is the entirety of Indianapolis municode, and took me about 30 seconds to find via Google...

That said, "city limits" isn't the code and never has been. "Police special service district" is, which is why post-merger it's unclear if that incorporates the former Sheriff's Dept patrol areas or not and there is no clarifying case law.

• Sec. 451-2. - Firearms generally.

SHARE LINK TO SECTIONPRINT SECTIONDOWNLOAD (DOCX) OF SECTIONSEMAIL SECTIONCOMPARE VERSIONS
      (a)
      Within the police special service district, it shall be unlawful for any person to fire off, shoot at another person or otherwise use any dangerous weapon for any purpose other than in defense of his life or the life of another person, or the protection of his property or property entrusted to him by another person, or for practice at a range under the supervision and operation of a governmental entity, or without the prior written approval of the chief of IMPD.
      (b)
      This section shall not apply to the United States Army, Navy or other armed forces, the National Guard, or to any duly constituted and authorized law enforcement and peace officer of any governmental unit, or to manufacturers and to repair facilities for testing purposes within a private range.
      (Code 1975, § 20-187; G.O. 13, 2016, § 14)

Top Bottom