• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The story is sparse on details, it may very well be there was a window in the door or the occupants peeked out another window.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This story: https://wpta21.com/2019/12/09/homeowner-shoots-through-front-door-at-would-be-intruders/ has video of interviews with the neighbors, but keeps focusing on a particular house, a green one. They don't identify it, but I think it's reasonable to conclude it is the house where the incident took place.

Unfortunately I'm having problems with the upload-screen-grab-to-imgur-post-in-ingo thing, alas I can not provide photographic evidence at the moment. Butt if you play the video, you will see the house, and then later see a couple shots of the front entrance. At minimum there are two narrow but tall windows on each side of the door, and it appears the main door itself has glass panels, perhaps slightly frosted, in the upper half. You can see two boards on the inside placed across the door, presumably to cover the holes.

A google street view of the same house (news video says its in Hawk Spring Hill street, not hard to track down), presumably pre-shooting, shows that at one point there was a full length glass storm door as well. In the video the storm door frame is still there, but no glass. I wonder if the bozos were kicking the storm door? That would make a heckuva racket.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Why is waiting for the door to be breached the right tactical decision?

Were there armed criminals on this person's curtilige?

Was the response reasonable?

Because laws and stuff. Unknown threat and entering, ok. So far the door hasn't been breached.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Story said they were singing Christmas carols prior to the attempted entry. Guess it was the song with the verse”We won’t go until we get some”....and they did!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I remember one case where it was just a drunk college girl trying to get home.

But how many drunk college girls try to kick in their own front door? :dunno: And how many are strong enough to actually do so? (not many, unless you have a really crappy door)

While shooting through a door isnt ideal, the logic that watching your door flex repeatedly to the beat of a loud thump, leads me to believe that somebody is trying to kick in my front door to do me harm.

Personally, my only beef with shooting through the door is I dont know exactly where the bad guy is, so I cant be sure I'm hitting "down zero" in either zone. I have no worries that I'm accidentally shooting against a friendly, because nice people who want to hug me and give me flowers dont try to kick down my door to do so. In my case, I might be worried that I could accidentally miss my kicker and send rounds into my neighbor across the street's house because the meth head's torso didnt properly capture the rounds like he should.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Get a door with a letter slot if you want to shoot at people outside your home.

Black_door.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But how many drunk college girls try to kick in their own front door? :dunno: And how many are strong enough to actually do so? (not many, unless you have a really crappy door)

While shooting through a door isnt ideal, the logic that watching your door flex repeatedly to the beat of a loud thump, leads me to believe that somebody is trying to kick in my front door to do me harm.

Personally, my only beef with shooting through the door is I dont know exactly where the bad guy is, so I cant be sure I'm hitting "down zero" in either zone. I have no worries that I'm accidentally shooting against a friendly, because nice people who want to hug me and give me flowers dont try to kick down my door to do so. In my case, I might be worried that I could accidentally miss my kicker and send rounds into my neighbor across the street's house because the meth head's torso didnt properly capture the rounds like he should.

In all of this those of us with security cameras even if just a door bell unit have an advantage. We have every door covered. No guessing. It also gives us a tactical advantage. Like I posted up thread...…..watch your flanks if you are trying to kick in our front door.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Fix a broken jamb or patch up a door with holes in it? I understand shooting through the door but I would like to think in that situation I would be patient enough to wait for the forced entry to occur.

In attempting to spare myself the previously mentioned repairs and various traumas and problems from killing someone on my doorstep. I would also like to think there would be lots of yelling (mostly cursing) that would be a warning to the would-be intruders/carolers that they were not welcome to continue what they were doing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I thought letting drunk college girls in was the best tactic.

It's been estimated that roughly 50 percent of the trouble in the world is caused by drunk college girls. Most experts agree that number is significantly low.

I've reached the age that I now recognize that they are not worth the hassle overall.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Get a door with a letter slot if you want to shoot at people outside your home.

Black_door.jpg

Truer than you may realize. Kevin Myers, in his book Watching the Door about his experiences as a reporter during "The Troubles," noted that in northern Ireland the houses had similar mail slots. The IRA would find a house with a good view down the street where they expected British patrols to move,and have someone hold the inner flap open with a string attached to it. A sniper down the hallway would have a view of the street through the slot and if a British soldier came into view would fire one shot through the slot, after which the accomplice dropped the flap.

Top Bottom