• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Truer than you may realize. Kevin Myers, in his book Watching the Door about his experiences as a reporter during "The Troubles," noted that in northern Ireland the houses had similar mail slots. The IRA would find a house with a good view down the street where they expected British patrols to move,and have someone hold the inner flap open with a string attached to it. A sniper down the hallway would have a view of the street through the slot and if a British soldier came into view would fire one shot through the slot, after which the accomplice dropped the flap.

I've been to places where they have machine guns directly mounted on the door to shoot thru a firing port.

1-1423149072.jpg

That would be one tough front door.But since the door opens on the outside you would get weird looks from the neighbors.

a1.jpg

Some folks have a similar system in their basement ...

b31.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    This guy must be married.

WIFE: Don’t be leaving any brass on the floor, I just swept.

HUBBY: Yes Dear.

Reminds me of a time when I was removing a couple tree rats from the front yard while inside. Suppressed .22 out the window.

Next day I got yelled at because empty casing was in a shoe. Oops

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Reminds me of a time when I was removing a couple tree rats from the front yard while inside. Suppressed .22 out the window.

Next day I got yelled at because empty casing was in a shoe. Oops

Heh heh heh. I have a similar story but the casing hit the spouse in the head.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Local news (21) this morning made it sound like the door was kicked in and one of the fellers was in the entryway/hallway. Don't know why the story has changed.

I don't know if I believe any story from any media outlet anymore as 100% true, they seem to change a little from day to day.
    So, that neighborhood is near enough to me that their drama shows up in my Next Door feed. The homeowner actually posted a report right after this occurred! He stated that two menin his door and he fired - unsure if he hit them.

Of course, the following messages devolved a bit - one man replied in ALL CAPS about "EVIL DEMS" and how he's sooooo sure he wouldn't miss. :rolleyes:

The homeowner or mods must have removed it, because there's nothing on there now except lost pets, reports of sketchy vehicles, and request for handymen.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Why would they remove it? I would think something like that should be known by the neighbors. Unless they were worried about liability on the shooters part.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why would they remove it? I would think something like that should be known by the neighbors. Unless they were worried about liability on the shooters part.

(A) The homeowner might have wised up and realized that writing about a shooting is not a good thing.
    (B) The mods might have seen the inevitable train wreck if they allowed it to continue. NextDoor isn't suppose to be the s**tshow that Facebook is.

Top Bottom