• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Wow! Dude on mower must be a real piece of work to warrant pointing a trail cam at the fence set to video.

Allegedly some of those police runs over the years were over this fence and or gate location. Mower dude doesn't even own the property or the gun he waved around.

They also said in 2011 they were both arrested for battery involving a knife attack. Firefighter was stabbed then.

And yes.....a spare mag would've made dayum sure he didn't ever get to walk off.

This has gone national now. GMA just showed the vid.

I still have questions.
    What caliber did old guy Take 4 times and walk off from?
    Will old guy face charges for gun theft?

If you had a spare mag, and you were the firefighter in this case, would YOU have shot dude as he walked off, finishing the threat?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Lots to learn from that little video.

Handguns rounds aren't really all that effective.

Carry a spare mag.

Don't display a handgun to try to intimidate someone. If you are going to draw, draw and fire.

Don't be an *******. Goes for BOTH of these guys.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Wow! Dude on mower must be a real piece of work to warrant pointing a trail cam at the fence set to video.

Allegedly some of those police runs over the years were over this fence and or gate location. Mower dude doesn't even own the property or the gun he waved around.

They also said in 2011 they were both arrested for battery involving a knife attack. Firefighter was stabbed then.

And yes.....a spare mag would've made dayum sure he didn't ever get to walk off.

I still have questions.

If you had a spare mag, and you were the firefighter in this case, would YOU have shot dude as he walked off, finishing the threat?

The fire fighter was arrested for battery involving a knife as well?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

I still have questions.

The old guy did not appear to still have the firearm and did not appear to still be a threat so no I would not have continued shooting him when he was walking home, that is the kind of thing that gets you arrested...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Again......firing through a chain link fence. How many rounds made a clear path to the target and how many got tumbled/sent off course. I am a fair shot but doubt I could pull that off any better.

Mower man was an idiot. Period.

No, do not reload and end the fight if the threat is walking away.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    The fire fighter was arrested for battery involving a knife as well?
    According to good morning america, yes. Unless I misunderstood. I swear I head them say both parties arrested. One was stabbed, the other had multiple bad cuts.

Buuuuuut , We all know the news and how accurate their info can be.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I'm surprised the MSM would report on this since it seems like an incident where they cant push an "America is racist" or "America is sexist" narrative.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm surprised the MSM would report on this since it seems like an incident where they cant push an "America is racist" or "America is sexist" narrative.

But they can push "too many people have guns". Seems like you missed the obvious left-wing narrative.

shootr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2015
    Mooresville
    Just to throw this out there....Looks like Fire fighter was screwing with the mower man a little to get a raise out of him.

Mower man thought he would be a tough guy and throw mower in reverse and waive a gun around. A gun that wasn't even his, by the way.

Firefighter was justified in shooting...Mower man is a tough S.O.B to take four in the chest and cuss about being shot and walk to the house.

"Tis but a flesh wound".....

But no....once the mower man was walking away the threat is over you don't reload and finish him off.

I would like to know what caliber of gun that the fire fighter was using. If fence made bullets tumble? or if he was using target loads instead of self defense rounds?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Firefighter was wise to install the camera. Given the history between them, that could have gone very badly for firefighter in the "he said/he said" battle of lies afterward with no evidence to confirm one side of the other.

Lots of rounds fired reminds us that regardless of what the statistics might say, when it's your turn you might fire more rounds than the average and you might need a reload.

Also a good reminder to people who believe that handguns are devastating destruction machines. Handguns are puny and it's really hard to stop someone with a handgun when that person is determined to continue. In this case, lawnmower man quit by choice (he could walk away), not because he was incapacitated.

Lots of lessons to be learned from just he video. More important lessons to be learned about letting stupid disputes escalate to deadly force exchanges.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Lawnmower man isn't charged with anything, I imagine these neighbors opinion of each other will not improve from this.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Just to throw this out there....Looks like Fire fighter was screwing with the mower man a little to get a raise out of him.

Mower man thought he would be a tough guy and throw mower in reverse and waive a gun around. A gun that wasn't even his, by the way.

Firefighter was justified in shooting...Mower man is a tough S.O.B to take four in the chest and cuss about being shot and walk to the house.

"Tis but a flesh wound".....

But no....once the mower man was walking away the threat is over you don't reload and finish him off.

I would like to know what caliber of gun that the fire fighter was using. If fence made bullets tumble? or if he was using target loads instead of self defense rounds?

You DO reload, no reason to have a empty or near empty weapon, top off or mag swap, just a good habit.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If Lawnmower man isn't charged with anything, I imagine these neighbors opinion of each other will not improve from this.

I wonder if they'd consider springing for a third party conflict resolution mediation, or something.

Nah, there's going to be another chapter to this before it's all over.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You DO reload, no reason to have a empty or near empty weapon, top off or mag swap, just a good habit.

s-l225.jpg

You reload...you just don't "finish him."

Top Bottom