• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Sorry Hk. I hit three of those locations before you.....I did leave some for the next person.
    It feels like Friday the 13th. I had the day free, so I drove to TEN different Walmarts in search of .223. Eight hours, and half a tank of gas later, I came home with one value pack of 100 rounds, and three 20 round boxes. What a wasted day.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Sorry Hk. I hit three of those locations before you.....I did leave some for the next person. Did you get the 100 from Paoli?
    It feels like Friday the 13th. I had the day free, so I drove to TEN different Walmarts in search of .223. Eight hours, and half a tank of gas later, I came home with one value pack of 100 rounds, and three 20 round boxes. What a wasted day.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Got a 1000 more Rds on way home today. 9mm and 38. I hate to go back and see what's left, might be tempted to buy it too.

There was quite a bit left in terms of 9, 38,40 and 45.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Stopped in the W.M. in Michigan City. Pretty barren.
    10,000 22s
    some others but NO sale price.

Yeah, that was cleaned out a few days ago. Stopped by there Wednesday PM for a gallon of milk and some OJ and swung by the ammo case just as an older fellow was cleaning it out. He took all the .223, x39, 9mm, .45, .40 and .38/.357. He left some .380 and missed the .300BO so I snagged 3 60rd packs of the BO. Then he grabbed the last three 20rd boxes. He flashed his receipt at me and it totaled around $1200. Clerk said a couple of guys from Bristol had been by earlier and cleaned up over $2k worth.

Yesterday I dropped into the La Porte store and got the last of the .40 and then looped through Plymouth and S South Bend where I got the last .32ACP(which was actually on my want list,.....and nobody else's).

Oh, and I didn't get away without being 'talked to'. The moron at the ammo counter in SB felt the need to tell me about how the FBI tracks ammo sales and runs down 'hoarders, survivalists and resellers'. Not sure if he suspected that I was going to try to overthrow the gov't or retire to the Bahamas with my three boxes of WWB .32ACP, but I figured it was best to just nod in agreement to throw him off the scent.

Best thing about WM not carrying ammo is that I won't need to ever go in there again.

Last edited:

badmotorscooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Mooresville
    My closest walmart (Camby) has been dry for a few weeks it seems. Just as well, I feel sick when I walk in the place. Their stores are filled with so much poor quality product in general, its amazing. EF! walmart

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Not by choice...but I was with the wife today Christmas shopping up in Merraville. Among other stores, we stopped at a Wal-Mart not far from the South-lake mall. Anyway...I was back in the ammo area and they were cleaned out of .9mm, 45acp,40, 223 and all other handgun and "black rifle" calibers. Lots of 22LR, 22Mag, 17HMR 30-30, 30-06, 7mm etc.... As I own a 30-30 I asked if the 30-30 was marked down or going to be? Sales guy says...no. I asked why? He informed me that Wal-Mart was going to continue carrying the afore mentioned calibers. Just no more handgun or 223 or 5.56. Just passing along what was told to me.

Matthews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Dyer
    Sorry I picked the last of the 380 federal hst they had. Some gentleman I was chatting with while waiting was eyeballing the 224 they had left.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I stopped at Walmart in Henderson Kentucky and ended up getting 100 rounds of Tula 380 for 14 bucks and I got 4 boxes of low recoil 45 acp hydrashock for 11 a box! After myself and my friend left, all they had left was 40 s&w!

in one case they had some 223 varmit Ammo I asked how much it was, she said it wasn’t on sale, it was 23 a box once again Walmart shows it’s intelligence!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well saved me time going to Michigan City and Laporte. Stopped at meijer in mc yesterday to get a xmas card for my nephew and walked past the ammo where no handgun ammo was found.

Top Bottom