• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    Ruger Mk II/III or a BuckMark. I own three Rugers and have had two Buckmarks. All of them are solid pistols. One of my Rugers goes to the range with me every time. Fun to shoot.

erictorp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    Had a Ruger Mk II a long time ago, and have a Mk III 22/45 now. Can't beat em. A bit of a pain to disassemble for cleaning. I also have a Taurus 992 revolver with 2 cylinders for 22LR or 22MAG, that shoots real nice too.

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    I lean toward a gun that functions like the weapon I carry daily. I carry Sig, so I bought a Mosquito. The controls are in the same place and it functions the same as my full size CCW's. I even run sub sonics and ammo it doesn't like through it in an effort to create failed to fire and failed to eject scenarios. It helps me to be confident I can clear a FTF or FTE on the fly...

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm looking for a 22 semi-auto for a range gun and also for use as a backup at home. My budget is in the $300 range so I'm thinking about something like a S&W 22a, Ruger Mark3 or some of the basic models from Sig, ISSC, etc.
    I'm a little flexible so there seems to be lots of choices and I'd appreciate some opinions before I wander into the LGS.:dunno:

Thanks

Ruger Mark lll in semi auto, Ruger Single Six in revolver. These are two of he best built guns of all time. They will last for a number of generations....

If you get the Ruger Mark lll, do yourself a favor and get this.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    My only problem with the Ruger SR22 is the safety works opposite of the safeties on the other SR guns and the LC guns. With the SR22, safe is switched down, but the other guns, fire is switched down. I wish Ruger would have considered this and remained consistent. I just got my SR22 and will be writing them a letter. Maybe they'll modify future versions.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    I don't think you can beat how a ruger 22/45 (5.5" w/ coco grips) shoots - mine has been great 2500+ rounds through it it gets a little sluggish around 500 or so rounds so I need to clean it next brick, and usually one or 2 issues with the first mag of the day then you can't fire it fast enough we have the shaker thing speed loader and 4 mags :) , we shot the sr22 a few weeks back almost half the weight as our 22/45 shot it great, Sig Mosquito - just picked up a brand new one last week got a sweet deal w/ extra mag, holster, shipping and no extra CC charges for under $350, I read all the crap about it and saw all the bad vids about it and I already have several boxes of CCI minimag 40gr plated round nose....... first 3 rounds didn't feed properly next 197 rounds were perfect

jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I have two that I really like shooting. I have had a Walther P22 for a little while now. I recently picked up a Sig Sauer 1911 22. I think I spent $360 on it brand new. I believe that GSG makes the exact same gun and I think it is a few dollars cheaper.

I really enjoy shooting both of them.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I recently shot a Walther P22. It made a real impression, and will be one of my first investments when/if ammo get back to normal.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    First, decide what is your favorite type of handgun, then see if someone makes a 22 version of it! I have always liked my 1911 45's, and i finally got a 1911 22, a GSG that is FUN as hell to shoot. It cost $350.

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    Only one I have experience with is the M&P 22. Never had any issues with it as far as FTE with any ammo I have run through it. As others have noted if this is your backup/ secondary gun then you may want to get one as close to it's big brother as possible. I intend to get a M&P 9 or 40 which is why I chose this 22 as my trainer

MbMinx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indianapolis Area
    I'll throw my hat in with Ruger. Apparently my Dad's favorite handguns and every one of them has been solid and reliable. The Mark I has been my favorite, but the Single Six is right up there. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the Ruger options.

Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I'm highly considering a walther P22, I think they're quite nice. Anyone else have any thoughts about them? It doesn't seem like they can be beat for the price

Top Bottom