• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You are probably setting off an RFID scanner, rather than a metal detector. The stroller must have a tag on it somewhere.

I set stuff off pretty regularly, carrying or not.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I pray for the day some store employee decides they want to illegally detain me or even touch me when I set one of those things off. I have always wanted my own retail business.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    For kicks you can pull one of the small RFIDs from a wallet or something and stash it in your wallet. I've heard it drives the door police crazy.

Note: I have never done this and "probably" wouldn't.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    For about a two week period before Christmas the door alarms at meijer on 135 in greenwood would go off everytime I entered or exited. A very sweet old lady asked if she could give a quick look at my receipt. I showed her and told her this has happened several times lately. She remembered me from coming into the store and setting off the alarms. Then she noticed my 1911 oc'd under my open coat. She thought maybe that was it but wasn't sure. She also commented the world would be a much safer place if more people would carry a gun. +1 to her! Still never figured it out but it I haven't set off the door alarms since and I always carry. Maybe they crank up the sensitivity during the holidays??

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    For about a two week period before Christmas the door alarms at meijer on 135 in greenwood would go off everytime I entered or exited. A very sweet old lady asked if she could give a quick look at my receipt. I showed her and told her this has happened several times lately. She remembered me from coming into the store and setting off the alarms. Then she noticed my 1911 oc'd under my open coat. She thought maybe that was it but wasn't sure. She also commented the world would be a much safer place if more people would carry a gun. +1 to her! Still never figured it out but it I haven't set off the door alarms since and I always carry. Maybe they crank up the sensitivity during the holidays??

I love that old lady. She's the sweetest thing ever!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    You are probably setting off an RFID scanner, rather than a metal detector. The stroller must have a tag on it somewhere.

I set stuff off pretty regularly, carrying or not.

I used to work in retail, and sometimes boxes of product would come in where all of the RFID tags had fallen off the product and were just laying in the box. I would collect them and then wander by the employee coat rack and put one in every coat pocket.

For some reason, everyone seemed to know it was me, but I don't know how.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    For kicks you can pull one of the small RFIDs from a wallet or something and stash it in your wallet. I've heard it drives the door police crazy.

Note: I have never done this and "probably" wouldn't.

I go in Pac Sun all the time and never set anything off! :dunno:

As for the RFID's what's fun to do is take an RFID that hasn't been scanned and cut it off of something........then glue it to the bottom of a shopping cart where it can't be seen. It will set off the alarms everytime it goes in or out and drive the store nuts!!! :rockwoot::laugh:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    What I don’t understand is the people who think they have to stop when one of those theft deterrent units gets set off. Just keep walking people, there is nothing the store employees can do. (Work retail security during my high school years).

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I always carry my gun when I shop! :rockwoot:
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyhow, my father-in-law must have an RFID tag buried in his wallet. He's been settting off store door alarms for months.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I used to work in retail, and sometimes boxes of product would come in where all of the RFID tags had fallen off the product and were just laying in the box. I would collect them and then wander by the employee coat rack and put one in every coat pocket.

For some reason, everyone seemed to know it was me, but I don't know how.
    Im gonna guess cause they never went off when you went through them

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    While carrying at the mall, can you just be asked to leave if you are carrying or is there further punishment for this??

Most malls have “no firearms” rules. There is no LAW preventing you from carrying at the mall, specifically. You can be asked to leave if they (security, management, who ever) find out you are carrying. If you fail to comply with them asking you to leave, they will likely get law enforcement involved and you will then be trespassed from the property.

The key here is not letting them know you are carrying........

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I just keep walking, if I'm going in I tell the first person who looks like they work there to fix their equipment. If it's on the way out I just keep walking. If someone tries to stop me or god forbid grabs me I do what I need to do to continue leaving.

Top Bottom