• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Is it tresspassing if they catch you a gun...I dont think it is illegal but can they get you for criminal tresspassing? Does anyone know if you can carry at Castleton Square?

*sigh*

It's trespassing if you don't leave when asked.

And yes, you can indeed carry at Castleton Square. Just like any of the other Simon Properties. It is against Simon Property RULES, though.

-J-

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Stores don't have metal detectors or everybody with keys, pocket knives, braces, crutches, wheel chairs, strollers :D, steel-toed work boots and the like would set it off. I've seen hearing aids, cell phones, pagers and other odd electronic devices set them off but a firearm can't/wouldn't. As someone said before, it is most likely a tag that was left on or you have an electronic device on you like a phone, PDA or something similar that is causing that. My tin-foil anti-mind-reading hat tends to set them off, though, now that I think about it! :tinfoil:

I also believe that you can only be charged with trespassing if they ask you to leave and you don't comply. Since it is private property they can serve or decline to serve anyone.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I bought a pair of shoes online a year or two ago and couldnt figure out why i was setting of the scanners in every store I went into finally i discovered one of those little bar deals under the insole. Apparently it didnt get deactivate online. I had a great time by hiding it in a buddies hat.

DaDowd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Muncie, In
    It is real easy to re-activate those tags, it only needs a magnet to recharge it. Worked at Autozone for a while and we had a lot of fun with them and other employees.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Those RFID scanners must be some bad mofos, the last time we bought fish for our aquarium they told us to hold the bag with the fish above our heads or it would kill the fish.

Or maybe they were just having fun with us? Man I can't wait for the latest installment of "People of Walmart"!!:laugh:

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I set the alarm off at the Avon Meijers store by walking IN. I tell the lady it's probably my handgun. She looked surprised and stutters..."Oh...OK then"

Top Bottom