Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm shocked honestly. Maybe because it's a.9mm
    I saw a.range officer fail all weekend before

It could be. I had three 1911's in 45 but I didn't shoot them enough to have confidence in saying they ran well.

I heard a lot of stories about how finicky the 9mm variants are. I even have 10 round mags and they work fine. My brother shoots IDPA with the same pistol and he does fine with his also. I do have one mag out of 7 that won't drop free when it gets a little dirty.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I shot 50 rounds through a Glock 19 yesterday. So far have only shot .22lr pistols since May this year.

Trigger pull was significantly harder, why? Shouldn't all trigger pulls be the same for single action?

To get leverage I put my finger at the very bottom of the trigger, wound up getting it pinched between the trigger and guard after firing and releasing the trigger. Didn't break the skin, but I have a swollen finger a day later.

Talked to the store employees after shooting the Glock, they gave me a half dozen other guns to dry fire. Will try the Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II next time. The trigger on it was easier than the .22lr pistols.

Learning is fun!

Tim.

You will have to excuse us, we go off on tangents quite a bit here. To answer your question, no, not all single action triggers are the same. As someone else mentioned Glocks are not really a true single action trigger anyway. Have you ever fired a revolver double action? They are going to be far different still.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Glock trigger can be tweaked to make it as good if not better than any striker fired pistol and malfunction with Wolf steel does not surprise me. I have never had an unexplained malfunction on a 19. Ammo or mags always the issue. It is possible to generate problems by limp wristing but not easy.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Lol, I'm loving the love/hate feelings towards Glock.
    Ive owned a few G34s, and had one stovepipe in about 4k rounds on forst gun, no malfunctions on 2nd gun.
    I also had a couple glocks in .40 (27 & 23) and the 27 had 2 failures in ejecting, in about 800 rds.
    One was limp wrist (wife firing, holding it low), but the other was not. My LEAST favorite thing about ALL the glocks ive owned is the erratic ejection... sometimes up above my head, sometimes 8 ft to the right, sometimes just dribbling out of the gun.
    I now shoot revolvers, CZs, a Shield, and a 1911.

To OP: don't intentionally place.your finger low, that's asking for trouble. Try for the middle of the trigger.
    Hold as high as possible on the gun

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I own a couple Walthers. I guess I'll have to try and shoot them improperly to force a fail. I've never had a.limpmwristing problem with glocks myself. I think it's bs

It's a thing. Military Arms Youtube channel demonstrated it with a Glock a few years ago. So I tried doing the same thing he did and I could not get my P99 to fail. I tried it with my M&P pro, and I could sometimes get that to misfeed. I tried it with a buddy's glock and it does fail. Not every time, but often enough. It's just a datapoint though. It doesn't make Glocks inherently bad, per se.
    Glock fanbois make Glocks inherently bad.

LEEROY JENKINS!

LET THE GLOCK FLAME WARS BEGIN! :rockwoot:
    :flamethrower:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's a thing. Military Arms Youtube channel demonstrated it with a Glock a few years ago. So I tried doing the same thing he did and I could not get my P99 to fail. I tried it with my M&P pro, and I could sometimes get that to misfeed. I tried it with a buddy's glock and it does fail. Not every time, but often enough. It's just a datapoint though. It doesn't make Glocks inherently bad, per se.
    Glock fanbois make Glocks inherently bad.

LEEROY JENKINS!

LET THE GLOCK FLAME WARS BEGIN! :rockwoot:
    :flamethrower:

Thanks for the info man I'll have to check those out.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Glock trigger can be tweaked to make it as good if not better than any striker fired pistol and malfunction with Wolf steel does not surprise me. I have never had an unexplained malfunction on a 19. Ammo or mags always the issue. It is possible to generate problems by limp wristing but not easy.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

And you know a hell of a lot more than I do about glocks. Thanks for the post. I love my glocks

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Lol, I'm loving the love/hate feelings towards Glock.
    Ive owned a few G34s, and had one stovepipe in about 4k rounds on forst gun, no malfunctions on 2nd gun.
    I also had a couple glocks in .40 (27 & 23) and the 27 had 2 failures in ejecting, in about 800 rds.
    One was limp wrist (wife firing, holding it low), but the other was not. My LEAST favorite thing about ALL the glocks ive owned is the erratic ejection... sometimes up above my head, sometimes 8 ft to the right, sometimes just dribbling out of the gun.
    I now shoot revolvers, CZs, a Shield, and a 1911.

To OP: don't intentionally place.your finger low, that's asking for trouble. Try for the middle of the trigger.
    Hold as high as possible on the gun

Sounds a little like me but I haven't started with my revolvers yet. I will as soon as I finish my basement and get my reloading area up and running. I don't have much .38 but I could/should be shooting my .22 revolver. I have plenty of .22 ammo.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you are new to shooting, and it seems you are, proper grip makes a big difference in trigger reach distance and felt recoil. The pistol should be firmly in the web of your hand. You should not be holding it with only your fingers. The gun and your arm should form a straight line so that everything is biomechanically lined up. Not sure if this is why your are feeling more resistance than you should be it could be a factor. Looking up some videos on proper grip and trigger finger placement. You want the middle of the pad of your finger on the trigger not the first knuckle. Also training classes like NRA basic pistol would benefit you more than a bunch of guys on the internet can.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    What kind of 1911 do you use. What classes

What does it matter? You made an empirical statement that "If you take A class with A 1911 it WILL fail". He proved your statement wrong with his personal experience, now move on.

Or, you could just go take another sip of your fruit-flavored, powder-based beverage.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    These happen all over the state on a weekly basis. Visit the shooting sports forum to find a uspsa or idpa match near you.

-rvb

The only problem with that theory is that almost none of the guns there are factory stock.

Edit. I am in no way discouraging competing with that statement.

Top Bottom