• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So basically you guys say Glocks & Amy Schumer are what we used to call "mopeds"??? (fun to ride until you're seen on one) :laugh:
    People talk stuff about Glocks until it's time to line up at the range or at a competition, then the loud voices all seem to go silent... :@ya:
    I like 1911's too and I own a nice CZ, Sig 226, and other all/mostly metal guns and it's all good.

LOL, "mopeds".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have shot glocks so much, that i love their trigger. Especially if you do a little work and add a few very inexpensive parts they can be really nice.

This is all a matter of personal preference and perception.
    I have ran a few hot rodded G****'s and while yes they are much better than as built they are not what I would call a great trigger.
    But then again, trigger snobs are hard to impress....:):

A 2 lb crystal break crisp trigger on a 1911 is a thing of beauty.
    Next off is an SAO in a CZ 97. :drool:
    I could go on but no point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have shot glocks so much, that i love their trigger. Especially if you do a little work and add a few very inexpensive parts they can be really nice.

I'm not addressing you here, just Glock fans in general. I just don't care to tinker with my guns. I don't need them to be, or even think they can be "perfection". I just want them to be what I want to shoot, out of the box. I could probably like my M&P Pro better if I tinkered with it. Or I could sell it and buy something that doesn't end up staying home in the safe every range trip.

If you have to mess with it to get your Glock to be the gun you want, it's not really the brand as much as the gun you made it into that you like. If you're into tinkering, that's great. But some people go a bit far with their fandom of "Glock Perfection". I guess that's why I poke fun at Glock fans.

What's actually great about Glocks, and 1911s too, for that matter, is that they are highly customizable because there are a bazillion replacements and add-ons for them. But for the "Glock Perfection" believers, even if you really liked it out of the box, you'd have to water down the meaning of "perfection" if you think a gun you had to modify to like even better, was already perfect. Perfect means it can't get any better.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not addressing you here, just Glock fans in general. I just don't care to tinker with my guns. I don't need them to be, or even think they can be "perfection". I just want them to be what I want to shoot, out of the box. I could probably like my M&P Pro better if I tinkered with it. Or I could sell it and buy something that doesn't end up staying home in the safe every range trip.

If you have to mess with it to get your Glock to be the gun you want, it's not really the brand as much as the gun you made it into that you like. If you're into tinkering, that's great. But some people go a bit far with their fandom of "Glock Perfection". I guess that's why I poke fun at Glock fans.

What's actually great about Glocks, and 1911s too, for that matter, is that they are highly customizable because there are a bazillion replacements and add-ons for them. But for the "Glock Perfection" believers, even if you really liked it out of the box, you'd have to water down the meaning of "perfection" if you think a gun you had to modify to like even better, was already perfect. Perfect means it can't get any better.

Cz's with their cajunozed, 1911's with their mouse'fications, m&p's with their upgrades, glocks with theirs. Everyone always wants to fine tune their pistols. Long guns are no different. Very few duty guns come sweet from the factory.

Top Bottom