• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Roof WASNT in the Klan, so I'm not sure why you even brought that up, other than for red herring purposes. The ideology the motivated Roof was Far-Right, end of story. You don't have to admit it, but that doesn't make it any less true. Also, don't fault me because you fail to recognize that parties and politicians evolve over time. Actually, I think you already know this, but are selective in your application of if. If I may:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...fk-welcome-todays-anti-2a-democrat-party.html

You remember that one right? The idea that a political party could stay static in its views over the course of a 150+ year period surpasses the ridiculous, and borders on the insane. The title of the cited thread, infers as much. The rest of you post is of no consequence, sit has no bearing in the discussion. We're talking about the ideology that inspired Roof.

Baloney. You're the one that brought up the KKK. I never mentioned it until you pointed out Roof's interest. And 150 years is nonsense. Byrd was in the Senate until 20-freaking-10. Hugo Black was on the Supreme Court till 1971!

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Seems to me that near half the voters associated with him on NOV. 7 th

I have no problem discussing what I do and don't believe. You wish to take what I said by talking directly about Trump to somehow transfer to all Republicans when I never said that, fine. But like I said I find your editing of my comments, my words to be unacceptable.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Blacks' background with the KKK is nebulous and short. Byrd, that wondrously long lived DEMOCRAT, was neck deep and whole heartedly in it. Racist to the core, that one was.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Baloney. You're the one that brought up the KKK. I never mentioned it until you pointed out Roof's interest. And 150 years is nonsense. Byrd was in the Senate until 20-freaking-10. Hugo Black was on the Supreme Court till 1971!

You either can't count, or have a poor memory. At which numbered post did I bring up Roof and the KKK?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah lets see, Dylan Roof:
    -Frequented and was influenced by a site called the Council of Conservative Citizens which was closed down shortly after the massacre, the site owner donated exclusively to Republicans.
    -Wanted a return to segregation
    -Ranted about Trayvon Martin, and the Baltimore Riots
    -Complained about immigration
    -admired the KKK and skinheads, white supremacy groups which are considered Far Right

You're not going be able to pass off the bad actions of right-winger, by simply dismissing him as loon, when the politics of left-wing loons are cited during their bad actions. His actions were based solely on a political ideology that was Far Right Conservatism. And it is willful ignorance to not admit that members of the KKK, in any incarnation or from any time, were/are far right in their beliefs.

A skinhead is a member of a subculture originating among working class youths in London, England in the 1960s that soon spread to other parts of the United Kingdom, with a second working class skinhead movement spreading worldwide in the 1980s. Motivated by social alienation and class solidarity, skins are defined by their close-cropped or shaven heads and working class clothing such as Dr. Martens boots, braces, high-ankle straight-leg jeans, and simple shirts. The movement reached a peak during a 1980s revival but has endured in multiple contexts worldwide since.

The rise to prominence of skinheads came in two waves, with the first taking place in the late 1960s and the second in the early 1980s. The first skins were working class youth motivated by an expression of alternative values, rejecting both 1950s austerity and conservatism and the more middle class or bourgeois 1960s peace and love ethos and hippie movement. Skinheads were instead drawn towards more working class outsider cultures, incorporating elements of mod fashion and black music and fashion, especially from Jamaican rude boys.[1] The second wave were often ex-punks. Both first and second generation skins were influenced by the heavy, repetitive rhythms of dub, as well as ska, rocksteady, reggae, and African-American soul music. 1980s skins were closely aligned with anarchists and anarcho-punks, first wave punk, Oi! and street punk, ska, 2 Tone ska, ska punk, dub, and hardcore punk. Contemporary skinhead fashions range from clean-cut 1960s mod-influenced styles to less-strict punk- and hardcore-influenced styles.[2]

During the early 1980s, political affiliations grew in significance and split the subculture, distancing the far right and far left strands, although many skins describe themselves as apolitical. As a movement that was highly regionalised and excluded by society's moral norms, skinhead culture sometimes attracted some hard-line political elements and was eventually tainted in the mid-1980s by tabloid hysteria of fringe and violent far-right elements representing extreme nationalism.[3] According to Shane Meadows, "It's unfortunate that the racist elements have become such a by-word for skinhead culture. The media has played its part in this, but by the same token it's clear the fascist element has always been fairly vocal in skinhead culture. The sad bit is that the more enlightened, anti-fascist aspects have not better promoted themselves."[4] From the 1990s, the style has been adopted by disaffected, Neo-Nazi youths in the former East Germany, Italy, Spain, Finland, central European countries, and Russia. However, many skinheads have remained influenced by dissident left-wing and center-left type politics that have been in the movement since the beginning, particularly in the U.K. and the U.S.
    Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice (SHARP) are anti-racist skinheads who oppose neo-fascists and other political racists, particularly if those racists identify themselves as skinheads. SHARPs draw inspiration from the biracial origins of the skinhead subculture, and resent what they see as the hijacking of the "skinhead" name by white power skinheads (sometimes deriding them as "boneheads"). Beyond the opposition to racism, there is no official SHARP political ideology.

The SHARP logo is based on the logo of Trojan Records, which originally mainly released black Jamaican ska, rocksteady, and reggae artists, and also incorporates the checkerboard motif of 2 Tone Records, known for its multiracial roster of ska- and reggae-influenced bands.

The way in which SHARPs, or skinheads against racial prejudice, dress is to separate themselves from societal notions of hierarchy and imbalance of power. This style and demeanor originated from England, taking bits and pieces from Jamaican ska culture. They remain true to their mission in spreading equality through their clothes, attitude and music. From current and more so past views of society's dominant and weaker scale, they insist on maintaining a more peaceful and accepting outlook on every member of society. They incorporate a lot of different genres in their expressive, daily message to resist conformity of racial prejudice and the naïve input of other skinheads who may seek to harm and exclude people of different races and cultures.

Citizen of the world Kut, who regales us with how the membership of BLM is nuanced and how it is a diverse and not a monolithic organization; is surprisingly willing to overlook the nuanced membership of the skinheads and tar them all with the racist brush

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Sorry Bud. That's not what you said.

What you bring readily to mind is confusion and conflation.

"Oh that."

Yes, "that".

Oh, the fire part.
    Fair enough, but the product of getting my left-wing hoaxes confused, easily understandable, given the Mississippi church "pro-Trump" hoax.
    You persist in refusing to acknowledge the predominance of hoaxes vs. actual incidents, though.
    To quote Andy Dufresne from "The Shawshank Redemption," how could you be so obtuse?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Citizen of the world Kut, who regales us with how the membership of BLM is nuanced and how it is a diverse and not a monolithic organization; is surprisingly willing to overlook the nuanced membership of the skinheads and tar them all with the racist brush

lol

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The media deliberately distort words of Republicans and conservatives, then also deliberately leave out the fact that they even did it.
    Big difference

Well I've never condoned their actions.

I just have a problem when someone here quotes me, but then edits my words. So as upset as people here are about what the media is doing I would think more would see this sort of thing as being unacceptable as well.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yeah lets see, Dylan Roof:
    -Frequented and was influenced by a site called the Council of Conservative Citizens which was closed down shortly after the massacre, the site owner donated exclusively to Republicans.
    -Wanted a return to segregation
    -Ranted about Trayvon Martin, and the Baltimore Riots
    -Complained about immigration
    -admired the KKK and skinheads, white supremacy groups which are considered Far Right

You're not going be able to pass off the bad actions of right-winger, by simply dismissing him as loon, when the politics of left-wing loons are cited during their bad actions. His actions were based solely on a political ideology that was Far Right Conservatism. And it is willful ignorance to not admit that members of the KKK, in any incarnation or from any time, were/are far right in their beliefs.

Gee, I guess I totally made it up after all. :rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    His Wiki page supports your assertions more than it does Kut's. His seems to be more a case of possible mental illness coupled with drug abuse. And even if he officially became a member of the KKK, Kut, that's hardly a 'right-wing' organization, based both on it's founding history and some of it's past senior membership (cough Byrd cough).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylann_Roof

According to a 2009 affidavit filed for Mann's divorce, Roof exhibited "obsessive compulsive behavior" as he grew up, obsessing over germs and insisting on having his hair cut in a certain style.[18] When he was in middle school, he exhibited an interest in smoking marijuana, having once been caught spending money on it.[16]

In nine years, Roof attended at least seven schools in two South Carolina counties, including White Knoll High School in Lexington, in which he repeated the ninth grade, finishing it in another school. He apparently stopped attending classes in 2010 and, according to his family, dropped out of school and spent his time alternating between playing video games and taking drugs, such as Suboxone.[16][17][18][23][24][25] He was on the rolls of a local Evangelical Lutheran congregation.[26]

Prior to the attack, Roof was living alternately in Bennett's and Cowles' homes in downtown Columbia and Hopkins, respectively,[19][27][28] but was mostly raised by his stepmother Mann.[18] For several weeks preceding the attack, Roof had also been occasionally living in the home of an old friend from middle school and the latter's mother, two brothers, and girlfriend.[20][28][29] He allegedly spent his time using drugs and getting drunk.[28] He had been working as a landscaper at the behest of his father, but quit the job prior to the shooting.[16]

For posterity... it IS mentioned... Post #141

Kut (wonders why admitting being wrong is such a bad thing, hubris)

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I see no reason why you feel you should lie. It's not that deep. People make mistakes. It's the admission of those mistakes that builds character.

I have no idea what you guys have been discussing and I have no idea if this gentlemen is wrong or not. But I find it funny and actually sad that even on the internet where people don't really know who you are that some can't even admit and apologize when they are wrong here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have no idea what you guys have been discussing and I have no idea if this gentlemen is wrong or not. But I find it funny and actually sad that even on the internet where people don't really know who you are that some can't even admit and apologize when they are wrong here.

It happens a lot. JT Scribe says he didn't "mention" the KKK first, in regards to our conversation. He mentions it in post #141. I don't mention it until after he did, at post #153. He's just afraid to admit it out of fear of being ridiculed, I imagine (which I don't do). But I will ridicule of pushing forward a falsehood.

Top Bottom