• ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The thing is...

You can blame whomever you wish but we're all in it. That is this is now the state we all find ourselves in. So whether you arm yourself to your teeth the danger seems to be getting greater. So we can either find a way to turn the heat up increasingly higher or maybe we can find a way to turn it down just a tad bit lower.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The thing is...

You can blame whomever you wish but we're all in it. That is this is now the state we all find ourselves in. So whether you arm yourself to your teeth the danger seems to be getting greater. So we can either find a way to turn the heat up increasingly higher or maybe we can find a way to turn it down just a tad bit lower.

[video=youtube;eFTLKWw542g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g[/video]

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The thing is...

by "we" are you lumping yourself with the rabid left, the media, the anti-fa, or who exactly

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I have found that by driving a vehicle free of any stickers that indicate my politics, and by not driving like an arse, I don't get shot at while driving.:dunno:

Your mileage many vary.

Maybe if I didn't wear such short skirts I wouldn't be raped so often.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    by "we" are you lumping yourself with the rabid left, the media, the anti-fa, or who exactly

Lump me with whomever you wish, but we're all in this thing together. If it's more dangerous it's more dangerous for all of us no matter what you believe, he believes, or I believe.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

I may be misreading it, but I believe he means "us" collectively...left, right, and whatever remains of center.

I tend to agree with that sentiment, at least in broad terms: sure, the left has done quite a bit to push conservatives further away from center ideologically (from our perspective), but the right has also done quite bit to push liberals farther away from center.

When everyone is busy pushing everyone else away, who is left to try to bring us together? At some point we all have to recognize our roles in making this situation what it is today.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    When everyone is busy pushing everyone else away, who is left to try to bring us together?

veronicas-veil-ray-downing.jpg

"I'm your huckleberry Paul...I'll introduce you to Greg Allman....He and Duane got a kick out of playing, "Tied to the Whipping Post" for me when Greg finally got here...Southern boys and their sense of humor...Gotta love 'em..."

(Sorry Paul...I just had to appeal to your sense of humor....:))

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    veronicas-veil-ray-downing.jpg

"I'm your huckleberry Paul...I'll introduce you to Greg Allman....He and Duane got a kick out of playing, "Tied to the Whipping Post" for me when Greg finally got here...Southern boys and their sense of humor...Gotta love 'em..."

(Sorry Paul...I just had to appeal to your sense of humor....:))

The Alman Brothers Band Greatest Hits has been one my favorite albums lately.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    When I see a fat ugly lesbian driving a Prius with a Hillary bumper sticker, I just think to myself "What a moron" and I go on. When I see some bald headed intellectual with a Bernie Sticker on his Smart Car I just think to myself "What a moron" and I move on. The difference between me and the progressive retards out there is I won't shoot at you for waving a flag or displaying a bumper sticker.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure he meant "us", but I just don't see "us" as equal actors in this problem

I get that.

It would seem no one wants to accept responsibility for their "side's" bad actors. I view that as a root cause for this issue.

The left views their behavior as a natural reaction to the way they have been treated by the right. The right views their behavior as a natural reaction to the they have been treated by the left.

Division and work great as political motivators, but we need to make a realistic assessment of the additional consequences involved in pursuing those motivators.

Absolute blame lies at the feet of the shooter. "Our" hands are dirty for allowing our dialogue to degrade to the point where people believe talking is wasted effort.

Nothing we face is insurmountable, if we can get past this Brinksmanship favored by our current crop of "ruling elites".

IMHO, of course...

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I get that.

It would seem no one wants to accept responsibility for their "side's" bad actors. I view that as a root cause for this issue.

The left views their behavior as a natural reaction to the way they have been treated by the right. The right views their behavior as a natural reaction to the they have been treated by the left.

Division and work great as political motivators, but we need to make a realistic assessment of the additional consequences involved in pursuing those motivators.

Absolute blame lies at the feet of the shooter. "Our" hands are dirty for allowing our dialogue to degrade to the point where people believe talking is wasted effort.

Nothing we face is insurmountable, if we can get past this Brinksmanship favored by our current crop of "ruling elites".

IMHO, of course...

Your humble opinion ignores the fact that number of people shot by our side = 0 and their side > 0.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I see a fat ugly lesbian driving a Prius with a Hillary bumper sticker, I just think to myself "What a moron" and I go on. When I see some bald headed intellectual with a Bernie Sticker on his Smart Car I just think to myself "What a moron" and I move on. The difference between me and the progressive retards out there is I won't shoot at you for waving a flag or displaying a bumper sticker.

I think it's important to note that many of "them" have convinced themselves that "you" (we) would do that very thing.

We aren't doing a very good job of occupying the same reality with our political opponents right now. Our "facts" increasingly contradict their "facts", with the result being none of us are able to find "middle ground" from which we can build cooperation or consensus.

Top Bottom