• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Sovereign citizens have killed at least two police officers per year for the last five years...not a single one of those guys is a "leftist".

Antifa's death toll in that same period: 0 (unless you count the ones that got THEMSELVES killed in the process, lol)

Blame doesn't fix anything, it only serves our own egos. It's hard for me to see this as a strictly "left-wing" creation, considering the mainstream right has been floating "second amendment remedies" publicly (and loudly) for about a decade now.

Ever hear of those who call themselves members of Moorish Science?
    To say that not a single slobbering ****izen is a leftist is flat wrong, not by a longshot, and the abundant vids of them demonstrate that quite easily.
    The vids of ANTIFA losers stabbing and hitting other people with bike locks are also out there, at least for those willing to see them.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ever hear of those who call themselves members of Moorish Science?
    To say that not a single slobbering ****izen is a leftist is flat wrong, not by a longshot, and the abundant vids of them demonstrate that quite easily.
    The vids of ANTIFA losers stabbing and hitting other people with bike locks are also out there, at least for those willing to see them.

This is exactly what I'm talking about: you are attempting to "no true Scotsman" your way out of admitting valid examples of right-wing violence.

The sovereign movement is inherently anti-establishment, including "moorish science", which places it firmly in the right-wing. Leftists want more goverment (of their own politicians, of course), not less.

Trying to pretend "our side" doesn't do these things isn't helping anyone.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Sovereign citizens have killed at least two police officers per year for the last five years...not a single one of those guys is a "leftist".

Antifa's death toll in that same period: 0 (unless you count the ones that got THEMSELVES killed in the process, lol)

Blame doesn't fix anything, it only serves our own egos. It's hard for me to see this as a strictly "left-wing" creation, considering the mainstream right has been floating "second amendment remedies" publicly (and loudly) for about a decade now.

Way to cherry-pick Antifa.

Was Chris Dorner a right-winger?

Micah Johnson?

Gavin Long?

The body count of those three alone far surpass your "sovereign citizens", who I don't believe were even brought up until you did. They are hardly mainstream right - they're certainly not working on GOP political campaigns.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    This is exactly what I'm talking about: you are attempting to "no true Scotsman" your way out of admitting valid examples of right-wing violence.

The sovereign movement is inherently anti-establishment, including "moorish science", which places it firmly in the right-wing. Leftists want more goverment (of their own politicians, of course), not less.

Trying to pretend "our side" doesn't do these things isn't helping anyone.

Oh, okay, you're taking the Mark Potok (Southern Poverty Law Center) stance that anyone who is anti-government is right-wing.
    Allow me to facepalm over that belief as much as I did when I originally heard Potok claim that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Here I wuz officer, jes mindin my own bizness and these 2 black guys pull up outta nowhere and start shootin at me. Probly cuz I love Trump.

Let's just say that on any other month than June of 2017, I wouldn't find that theory believable.

Driver could have cut the Chevy off. Road rage.

Driver could have given the Chevy the stink eye.

Driver could be a rival drug dealer.

What I'm thinking is 2 things: 1) Thugs and 2) the right wing of our political process is whipping itself into a frenzy of fear. Since when did anyone start setting their hair on fire because of some pansy left wing lumbersexual?

Everyone needs to take a breath. The reason I carry today is no different than the reason I carried 4 years ago.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, okay, you're taking the Mark Potok (Southern Poverty Law Center) stance that anyone who is anti-government is right-wing.
    Allow me to facepalm over that belief as much as I did when I originally heard Potok claim that.

Should everyone that's pro-abortion, or anti-gun, or pro-welfare, or anti-1A... be considered left-wing?

Or even more simply... is everyone that's anti-capitalism left-wing?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    NEVER, I don't back down, from ANYBODY !!!!!

Not married, I see.

Youre-not-the-boss-of-me-GIF.gif

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Should we expect the ACLU to bring suit claiming that shooting Republicans is free speech protected by the First Amendment?
    Absolutely. But only once Hell has a skiing lodge.

In the way back machine, we were told not to get tats because they would identify us to our enemies. I often think the same of our vehicles. I know I have only found O stickered vehicles to be valid spittoons. I choose not to identify to the general populace.
    A good explanation of the Grey Man Theory

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The thing is...

You can blame whomever you wish but we're all in it. That is this is now the state we all find ourselves in. So whether you arm yourself to your teeth the danger seems to be getting greater. So we can either find a way to turn the heat up increasingly higher or maybe we can find a way to turn it down just a tad bit lower.

I was taught DE escalation, is the first step .....

Then, it is their turn .....

What happens after that .....

well who knows .....

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

What? Read what I wrote...actually read it this time.

I am absolutely not stating that.

I am stating that the sovereign citizen movement is an inherently right-wing movement, and that it has a documented history of violence.

I am saying the "pro-life" movement is inherently right-wing, and has a documented history of violence.

I am saying that leftists have (and do) commit violence, but they aren't the only group that does so.

It isn't the left or right that creates violence...it is the people that identify with those ideologies. There is nothing in the liberal platform that condones killing congressmen any more than there is in the conservative platform.

Saying "we don't do stuff like that" is not only disingenuous, it's counter-productive. Regardless how we have gotten here, we aren't going to see any improvement unless we work toward a viable solution. We aren't going to get there if all we have is disdain and blame.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You got that from my post?

I have written nothing justifying violence...from either "side".

Partizan virtue-signaling isn't going to fix this...not from anyone.
    Sorry Paul. That wasn't directed at you. Just a reaction to the leftist comments I have been seeing on the internet and comments from them on the news shows. My head has been exploding from some of them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    In this day and age, I wouldn't put it past someone to shoot their own truck....just sayin'

Top Bottom