• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So did you ever bother to come tell the officers on scene what you witnessed? Or was it not important enough?
    Honestly frank until you just posted this I would have never even thought about it if I had already called 911 and reported it. In my mind (not knowing how the system works) I would think that they could link my call with detectives and then call me if they needed my statement in person. I guess this isnt the case?
    I mean thanks for posting this and any response to educate me and others on what to do if this ever happens. 911 to me has always meant, making a report.

I wasnt there. I'm just saying in general if I would ever see something like this driving by. If I was standing in a store then yeah if I was still alive after the shooting stopped then yes I would tell the cops what I saw if I wasnt involved in the shooting. Otherwise I would make my statement availible through my lawyer. If that means I have to wear the shiny bracelets temporarily that sucks but so be it.
    I want a good outcome for all.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Honestly frank until you just posted this I would have never even thought about it if I had already called 911 and reported it. In my mind (not knowing how the system works) I would think that they could link my call with detectives and then call me if they needed my statement in person. I guess this isnt the case?
    I mean thanks for posting this and any response to educate me and others on what to do if this ever happens. 911 to me has always meant, making a report.

I wasnt there. I'm just saying in general if I would ever see something like this driving by. If I was standing in a store then yeah if I was still alive after the shooting stopped then yes I would tell the cops what I saw if I wasnt involved in the shooting. Otherwise I would make my statement availible through my lawyer. If that means I have to wear the shiny bracelets temporarily that sucks but so be it.
    I want a good outcome for all.

Not every caller gives their name and/or phone number when they call in. And actually telling the officers what you witnessed gives us something to go on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am that heads up , start moving immediately , guy .....:) No need to ram me up a little :):

I knew you would respond...:):

I see this daily and not from people being SA. It is an idiot stopping well short of the next car and getting on the damned phone. I just know I am about to sit through another light.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    So did you ever bother to come tell the officers on scene what you witnessed? Or was it not important enough?

Frank.......First of all, where would I have stopped to address the officers? there were seven squad cars blocking off all the entrances to the station, and also heavy traffic, because everyone was 'goose-necking' as they drove by.

Secondly, I gave "all the pertinent info" (as I said in my OP) to the 911 dispatcher when I called. Location, time, how many shooters, how many shots I heard, description of the shooter who exited his car, color and make of that car, etc. I also gave my name, home phone, cell phone..... so why would I return to the chaotic scene. By practice, the 911 dispatchers relay all that info to responding officers as/while they respond.

But thanks for comin' over.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Frank.......First of all, where would I have stopped to address the officers? there were seven squad cars blocking off all the entrances to the station, and also heavy traffic, because everyone was 'goose-necking' as they drove by.

Secondly, I gave "all the pertinent info" (as I said in my OP) to the 911 dispatcher when I called. Location, time, how many shooters, how many shots I heard, description of the shooter who exited his car, color and make of that car, etc. I also gave my name, home phone, cell phone..... so why would I return to the chaotic scene. By practice, the 911 dispatchers relay all that info to responding officers as/while they respond.

You'd be shocked at how bad the dispatchers are at relaying information. SHOCKED. It is much, much more helpful to get the info directly from a witness than try to cobble together information from dispatch.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm glad I know that now. I'll make sure to stop and talk to the officers on scene (after they secure it) and give a full statement if this ever happens to me. I want to help the police. Always have.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm glad I know that now. I'll make sure to stop and talk to the officers on scene (after they secure it) and give a full statement if this ever happens to me. I want to help the police. Always have.

There are all kinds of places there to pull in. I drive by there multiple times a week.
    No knock on the OP here.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    There are all kinds of places there to pull in. I drive by there multiple times a week.
    No knock on the OP here.

No, there are not, when you are leaving Walmart and turning north. The police had the northbound lanes blocked down to one lane, as they wouldn't even let the ambulance in there yet, and four police cars were 'protecting' the ambulance there.

Sorry I am not as "responsible" as everyone else here, in a situation like this. At least I called it in, and gave them my name and two phone #'s if they needed more info.

Guess I'm done posting on INGO for a while. Adios!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you need me to give you the reason....

Yes, actually, I do. Give me a reason to insert myself into what is likely a beef between two thugs. So that I can testify against people who have shown that they have no qualms about trying to kill someone? To what end? Putting my family's safety at risk by getting involved so that Marion County can give another thug a year's probation?

If I see something like this and later find out that an actual innocent was seriously injured or killed (rare), then I'll say something. Otherwise, let them wipe themselves out. I know too much about the realities of the criminal justice system in Marion County and the types of people who frequently shoot at each other at gas stations to do any white knight chest thumping.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No, there are not, when you are leaving Walmart and turning north. The police had the northbound lanes blocked down to one lane, as they wouldn't even let the ambulance in there yet, and four police cars were 'protecting' the ambulance there.

Sorry I am not as "responsible" as everyone else here, in a situation like this. At least I called it in, and gave them my name and two phone #'s if they needed more info.

Thick skin brother, gotta have thick skin. Everybody is giving their view from in front of a computer screen. You had to decide in real time how to respond. If you gave the dispatcher your name and two phone numbers then thats probably more than some would do. Gotta let critics opinion roll off like water on a ducks back

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No, there are not, when you are leaving Walmart and turning north. The police had the northbound lanes blocked down to one lane, as the wouldn't even let the ambulance in there yet, and four police cars were 'protecting' the ambulance there.

Now why would I say that if there was not. I live just down the road. We do that Wally a lot. There is places to pull in and walk over if you wanted to do that. Just saying. Do as you will. Just stating a fact.
    I would have posted up and observed while calling 911. There are plenty of places for that as well. Plenty of places. Sometimes we have to just make the effort. But I was not there so...:)

So I say I was not knocking the OP but making a clear statement and you get butt hurt....really. Wow.
    No one put you in the corner. Just LEO asking why you did not do this. It was clearly explained as to why they would like this to happen.
    Again........:dunno:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Now why would I say that if there was not. I live just down the road. We do that Wally a lot. There is places to pull in and walk over if you wanted to do that. Just saying. Do as you will. Just stating a fact.
    I would have posted up and observed while calling 911. There are plenty of places for that as well. Plenty of places. Sometimes we have to just make the effort. But I was not there so...:)

So I say I was not knocking the OP but making a clear statement and you get butt hurt....really. Wow.
    No one put you in the corner. Just LEO asking why you did not do this. It was clearly explained as to why they would like this to happen.
    Again........:dunno:

You do as you feel is right, when you are in such a situation.

As for me, I am not parking my car two blocks away and WALKING up to an unsecured shooter situation, for ANYONE, POLICE PRESENCE OR NOT.

Like I said, done posting here...........

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You do as you feel is right, when you are in such a situation.

As for me, I am not parking my car two blocks away and WALKING up to an unsecured shooter situation, for ANYONE, POLICE PRESENCE OR NOT.

Like I said, done posting here...........

But you already said that.......and like I said, I was not there but it should be obvious if it was still an active situation.
    Post or not. Your call.
    Have a best rest of the evening.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

We were never relayed that information. And we have people all the time come up to us while we are on crime scenes to give information. I'll make sure to let the detective to know that you provided your name and phone number so that he can contact you.

Top Bottom