• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Yes, actually, I do. Give me a reason to insert myself into what is likely a beef between two thugs. So that I can testify against people who have shown that they have no qualms about trying to kill someone? To what end? Putting my family's safety at risk by getting involved so that Marion County can give another thug a year's probation?

If I see something like this and later find out that an actual innocent was seriously injured or killed (rare), then I'll say something. Otherwise, let them wipe themselves out. I know too much about the realities of the criminal justice system in Marion County and the types of people who frequently shoot at each other at gas stations to do any white knight chest thumping.

I don't expect you to get involved in a situation that doesn't involve you and that wasn't the meaning of my statement to your statement. I do expect you to be a good witness and provide information to the police so that we can do our jobs and put people in jail that obviously have no regard for the rest of society.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You do as you feel is right, when you are in such a situation.

As for me, I am not parking my car two blocks away and WALKING up to an unsecured shooter situation, for ANYONE, POLICE PRESENCE OR NOT.

Like I said, done posting here...........

While the officers were on scene it was not an unsecured shooter situation. The "victim" was being tended to and the other shooter was gone. There were no other shots being fired while I and the other 10 officers were on scene. I understand not wanting to get personally involved, but without help from people like you the mopes get away with things like this.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I've been put on hold longer calling 911 for emergencies than I have been calling the non-emergency line, so I can relate to that. Sounds to me like OP did everything right, didn't get involved and risk further injury/ death and still relayed the information needed. I suggest just next time staying on the line regardless of wait time, you don't want them thinking you could be in further danger.

Might be an unrelated incident, but I think they found one of the guns loaded and ditched in a nearby parking lot right? Or was that a different shooting? lol

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I've been put on hold longer calling 911 for emergencies than I have been calling the non-emergency line, so I can relate to that. Sounds to me like OP did everything right, didn't get involved and risk further injury/ death and still relayed the information needed. I suggest just next time staying on the line regardless of wait time, you don't want them thinking you could be in further danger.

Might be an unrelated incident, but I think they found one of the guns loaded and ditched in a nearby parking lot right? Or was that a different shooting? lol

Different shooting. We found a magazine, but no gun.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Give me one good reason to get involved, other than calling 911 to report.

1 good reason

my testimony in a shooting will take a violent felon in possession of a handgun off the street, again.

Yes, I am being serious here.
    Happened late April, I was witness to him saying he shot himself, as I rendered first aid. I was given the option by the detective to testify or not. I chose to do the right thing.
    I have already given my statement, given my deposition, just waiting for the day in court to quit getting postponed.
    As it stands now, I will be in Northern OH for work the 2 days prior and home late the night before court. But you know what, if it gets a violent felon off the streets, for any amount of time, then I will do what needs done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1 good reason

my testimony in a shooting will take a violent felon in possession of a handgun off the street, again.

Yes, I am being serious here.
    Happened late April, I was witness to him saying he shot himself, as I rendered first aid. I was given the option by the detective to testify or not. I chose to do the right thing.
    I have already given my statement, given my deposition, just waiting for the day in court to quit getting postponed.
    As it stands now, I will be in Northern OH for work the 2 days prior and home late the night before court. But you know what, if it gets a violent felon off the streets, for any amount of time, then I will do what needs done.

+10.
    I do not believe anyone in this thread even mentioned get out of the car guns blazing and charge the scene. Those responses were ridiculous.
    That area is lined with places in line of sight to that crappy shell station. (it is crappy) To pull into one, observe, take notes, descriptions etc would be what I would consider my civic duty. I have been involved at this level and while it is a pain it is also the right thing to do. As close as the OP was a couple of pics on the cell phone of the car/perp/plates if possible. My phone is so easy to dial up the camera. Some are not. This was my thoughts. Again, I was not there but I would have walked. Regardless.
    On top of that I would have seen Frank.

Just an opinion. That area is north of us about 5 minute car ride. We are weary of the idiots throwing lead around. Any chance to do something that will put one away or at least identified is a plus.

OP.......No one called you out. Pretty tender for a long time Ingo member. I always enjoyed your posts. It would be sad if this was your end here.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Different shooting. We found a magazine, but no gun.

Has anyone checked the roof of the gas station building? I never actually saw the 'victim' shooter, but the guy who exited his car and fired back, was aiming pretty much toward the front of the store. His car was pretty much entirely south of the pumps, and facing south. Maybe that first shooter flipped his pistol onto the roof?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You'd be shocked at how bad the dispatchers are at relaying information. SHOCKED. It is much, much more helpful to get the info directly from a witness than try to cobble together information from dispatch.
    This sounds like the game in elementary school where the message starts on one end as completely different by the time the last kid gets it. Only instead of 30 kids it's 3 adults, oh this is bad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM........... My cheap little phone is a AT&T flip phone, and the camera is worth crap, especially after dark and at that distance.

Yeah that would be no help. I only stepped up to my phone because my 3G unit took a crap and an Ingo member had a brand new in the box I phone for a killer price.
    Once you make that leap you are doomed. Doomed I tell you.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I knew you would respond...:):

I see this daily and not from people being SA. It is an idiot stopping well short of the next car and getting on the damned phone. I just know I am about to sit through another light.

Yep, agreed. Also the morons who don't get out into the intersection when the light is yellow while trying to turn left... :ugh:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Dont use illegal drugs, dont buy illegal drugs, dont rob people with illegal drugs. If you stick to those rules you have a much higher probability of not being shot in Indy.

Same thing that they say about MEXICO or was that CHICAGO :rolleyes:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Has anyone checked the roof of the gas station building? I never actually saw the 'victim' shooter, but the guy who exited his car and fired back, was aiming pretty much toward the front of the store. His car was pretty much entirely south of the pumps, and facing south. Maybe that first shooter flipped his pistol onto the roof?

Which car was at the pump? If it was the white one that officers had stopped on Lafayette Rd, he left after the shooting and ditched his gun and a passenger, then was stopped trying to drive himself to the hospital.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Which car was at the pump? If it was the white one that officers had stopped on Lafayette Rd, he left after the shooting and ditched his gun and a passenger, then was stopped trying to drive himself to the hospital.
    YES! My best guess was, it was a white or crème-colored Chevy, or possibly a Pontiac LeMans...older model, maybe 1980???

Top Bottom