• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We have a lot of lurkers, some msy be pro 2A, some may be anti. The thread will go on with bits that may help the pros and may even make an anti concider the truth.

Every time I see this pop up I want to post YES, again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok well I went ahead and joined for 2 years. Ill see how it goes and go from there. Thanks for the respones.

It's a good cause to support. Just don't do the lifetime membership. I'd rather make them earn my support anually. Each year when my membership is up I ask, what did you do to earn my support this year?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It's a good cause to support. Just don't do the lifetime membership. I'd rather make them earn my support anually. Each year when my membership is up I ask, what did you do to earn my support this year?

I disagree, support for protecting a constitutional right deserves consideration of a Life membership. If they earn your support again then you can always upgrade the Life membership.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree, support for protecting a constitutional right deserves consideration of a Life membership. If they earn your support again then you can always upgrade the Life membership.

Why? I think support for the 2A deserves a lifetime commitment. I am a lifetime supporter of the 2A. I am only a supporter of 2A advocacy groups while they are actually supporting the 2A. They haven't always.

Not supporting the NRA with a lifetime membership is not the same thing as not supporting the 2A for a lifetime. I can send them an anual $25 for the membership, and then periodically donate how much I want to the NRA-ILA. If they want to call me a member they need to earn that every year. I don't mind hitting the "renew" button each year, and I don't mind having to tell them to keep the cheezy free ****.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Why? I think support for the 2A deserves a lifetime commitment. I am a lifetime supporter of the 2A. I am only a supporter of 2A advocacy groups while they are actually supporting the 2A. They haven't always.

Not supporting the NRA with a lifetime membership is not the same thing as not supporting the 2A for a lifetime. I can send them an anual $25 for the membership, and then periodically donate how much I want to the NRA-ILA. If they want to call me a member they need to earn that every year. I don't mind hitting the "renew" button each year, and I don't mind having to tell them to keep the cheezy free ****.
    jamil, I don't have a problem with your approach. I do think that most folks let their annual memberships expire for no good reason, so for many a life NRA membership covers that and is good for the NRA's numbers. I bought a life membership (with quarterly payments) over 40 years ago, and although I don't always agree with the NRA, I have not regretted making that big move.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I did just to go to the Louisville, KY show in May.
    Now all I want to throw my "CHINESE" N.R.A hat back to/at the board members.

All along I thought the NRA supported the U. S. of A.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

Negative. I bought a couple Tshirts from them not long ago, both were made overseas. I thought it was pretty crappy myself.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

Go to the NRA Annual Meeting in Louisville in May and you can peruse the items in the store and pick out something made in the good ole USA.

Top Bottom