• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Considering the above, do you consider a red dot (with it's cost and weight):

• Total voters

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    As to that plasma thing, that bloomington outfit has been there forever, like since '78 and the price has not gone up a tall. They depend on poor students to keep making them $. Ask 'em what they sell a pint for. And trust me, you don't want to catch a cold after 6 weeks of selling your antibodies to those vampires. It'll be the worst experience of your life.

Save up, buy your 9. Keep the red dot til you replace it. Pay off anything that is costing you interest first. Priorities need to be set in a logical fashion.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have an astigmatism that renders Aimpoint's and Eotech's pretty much useless to me. Therefore, I voted for unnecessary seeing as I don't have one at all.

I am with Flash on this one. I eyes render them useless. I would sell it and grab up that nine. You can always revisit the AR later and possibly put some night sights and a flashlight on it.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    you'll be disappointed by the small 9. I don't like shooting them. It sounds like you would have a tough time replacing the AimPoint and might even regret it when it is gone.

firefighter4884

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Evansville
    I'd keep the Aimpoint for now, and start making it a habit to save a little bit of money each week, until you have enough to meet your goals. Depending on life style, it's relatively easy to come up with an extra $10 / week that you can sock away, and the more frugal you are, the more you can save.

If you want to replace the Pro with a different optic, and could get enough money to cover the new optic, I would consider doing that straight up, however, I disagree fundamentally with disassembling your rifle in order to buy a mouse gun.

And, if I were looking at a small backup 9mm on a budget, I'd be all over the Kahr CM9....it's smaller, and cheaper than the XDS, and has no safety to not like.

Top Bottom