Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    This is from EMS1.com

PHP:
    Should ambulance crews be allowed to carry weapons?
             Those who fear or do not understand weapons always make dire  predictions of fanciful scenarios when firearms restrictions are eased

https://www.ems1.com/ems-education/...-ambulance-crews-be-allowed-to-carry-weapons/

I have worked with a few people over the years that I would not want armed. I have been pretty lucky in my career and have walked away from many situations that could have been much worse.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes.

If I can't trust someone to manage a firearm, I don't feel comfortable having them manage administering emergency health care to me either.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Our EMT's and Paramedics used to be part of the Sheriff department in Henry County. They were all armed. I can't remember when they stopped carrying as I was really young when they did carry. Sometime in the last 30 years or so though. On the flip side you do make yourself a target in some parts of the country by maybe being mistaken for a LEO. Some people might only see uniform and gun and assume law enforcement.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yes, of course, along with everyone else who should not to be swinging from a gibbet. And if they can't be trusted to carry they should be swinging from a gibbet.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't see any reason why they should not be allowed to... Kind of like with most every other profession.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Default- yes....but lets make sure they have access to good training as I would assume that they would encounter hairy situations more regularly that the average Joe.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes, of course, along with everyone else who should not to be swinging from a gibbet. And if they can't be trusted to carry they should be swinging from a gibbet.

I had to google "gibbet" for both definition and pronunciation. I shall now use it in every day speech.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have to answer "no", only because of the way the question is worded, as in, "No, I don't think EMTs and medics should be allowed to carry. That implies that others are not, and that EMS folks should have some special permission to do so." Back when I was working on a rig, I said the same thing.

Like most/all of the other responses here, I don't think it should be a question of "allowed" so much as it should be a question of "why is anyone prohibited?"

Blessings,
    Bill

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have to answer "no", only because of the way the question is worded, as in, "No, I don't think EMTs and medics should be allowed to carry. That implies that others are not, and that EMS folks should have some special permission to do so." Back when I was working on a rig, I said the same thing.

Like most/all of the other responses here, I don't think it should be a question of "allowed" so much as it should be a question of "why is anyone prohibited?"

Blessings,
    Bill

We have a winner!

This thread had me at "allowed".

It seems to be a common way to get people to give up freedoms or at least be sneaky about gaining power. Get them focused on, and talking about, the pro's and con's of a decision and distracted from the fact that the "decision" shouldn't be up to others.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom