Should Que Step Down as a Moderator on INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Que Step Down?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You ALL are heaping WAY more onto this than I am. Some of you obviously have not read Que's quotation. I didn't ask for a "mod to be banned", that's utter CRAP. Que cited "several" instances where decisions he has made led to "trouble" on the board and asked for our opinions. The word "democracy" has been used several times here.. Can you not read? Que and I both acknowledged this is not a democracy but some of you are using this as a reason for the poll to not be valid. The poll is not valid because YOU choose to make it so.
    You do realize you've passed the point you should have left well enough alone?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You ALL are heaping WAY more onto this than I am. Some of you obviously have not read Que's quotation. I didn't ask for a "mod to be banned", that's utter CRAP. Que cited "several" instances where decisions he has made led to "trouble" on the board and asked for our opinions. The word "democracy" has been used several times here.. Can you not read? Que and I both acknowledged this is not a democracy but some of you are using this as a reason for the poll to not be valid. The poll is not valid because YOU choose to make it so.
    You made it about Que when you chose to pose the poll question. You are trying to say that this thread was created to foster a constructive discussion about moderation inconsistencies. Is it about that or is it about Que stepping down? If not then why did'nt you just start a thread entitled " A discussion about moderation inconsistencies" or something like that?

I still stand by my previous post and say it's a personal un-resovled issue.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I haven't been on INGO as long as you have and even I knew this would degrade quickly. These types of threads are rarely "constructive", mostly just hilarious. But hey, keep the conversation going, I love cat memes.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    So if a moderator asks members to start a poll because he wants feedback on the job he is doing it's not right to start that poll?

What did I miss here? I've been contributing and behaving for three months on INGO and when another thread prompts me to do the poll you all crucify me for having a "dull axe to grind"? Should I have started the poll right away or cooled off first? Or would either choice have been the wrong one? And should I have read between the lines that the mod in question really didn't want a poll after all?

We ALL get emotionally involved in these topics, moderators included. It goes with the territory of having strong beliefs and values, which is a good thing until it goes too far.

So just when were "you" ask to start this poll?

Oh ya
    IBTPoof

:popcorn:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So just when were "you" ask to start this poll?

Oh ya
    IBTPoof

:popcorn:

My quote "So if a moderator asks members..." should clearly indicate he asked any of us, not just me... Fear of reprisal keeps a lid on stuff like this. I tried to do this impartially as I could with full disclosure in the OP. I made the poll questions themselves neutral with no leading language.

And of course, I knew how the poll would go. I just didn't know how many of you would descend upon me for starting it (including Que).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom