Should Que Step Down as a Moderator on INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Que Step Down?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I did not know a poll was created then deleted. Nor would I be offended if this one was deleted. If we can't have a civil discussion shame on us. I'm not automatically the bad guy for starting the poll. It's what the members do with it.
    Why did you choose to start this poll after all this time has expired? Could'nt get it off your mind after 3 months?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Why did you choose to start this poll after all this time has expired? Could'nt get it off your mind after 3 months?

Fair question, maybe you should have asked it fairly instead of rhetorically, though. I'm an honest person. I decided to post the poll because of the other thread I mentioned in the OP.

And yes, I think pointing out inconsistencies in how threads are moderated and how rules are enforced can be constructive. Sadly, a bunch of rabble-rousers jumping in with popcorn boxes and IBTL are NOT constructive.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Fair question, maybe you should have asked it fairly instead of rhetorically, though. I'm an honest person. I decided to post the poll because of the other thread I mentioned in the OP.

And yes, I think pointing out inconsistencies in how threads are moderated and how rules are enforced can be constructive. Sadly, a bunch of rabble-rousers jumping in with popcorn boxes and IBTL are NOT constructive.

There is no need to be constructive, it's not our call to decide who should be a mod and who shouldn't.
    Also mods are not machines, some will handle things differently that others.They have different views on different things regarding of the rules.

You might think one mod was not fair to you but that doesn't mean he should leave if Fenway likes what he's doing.

I cant complain about Que, I think he's a great mod.
    I also been banned once, not by Que, and I didn't ask for the mod to be banned.
    I broke the rules and he did his job, even if I didn't break the rules I couldn't complain either.

We are guests here, on private property.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Neither is the dull axe you're looking to grind after you've been carrying it around for 3 months. I think this is a personal unresolved issue between yourself and Que that you wish to re-hash and get other members to back your play by voting in the poll you've created. JMO.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Wow, first I can't believe there is a poll about this. As has been said this is not a democracy, it's a privately owned site. That being said. here is my take. Que smacked me once as a mod, and he was right to do so. I appreciate the mods, it's a tough job and they keep the site civil. Que is a fair minded guy that has served this place well for a long time. If I had an issue with Que I would take it up with him, if not satisfied I would talk to Fenway. If I still thought I was being wronged, I would leave. This is Fenway's house, not my house or yours. I would not start a poll, this isn't high school. That's my opinion, you got it for free, take it for what it's worth.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio

So. . . You don't like popcorn!:popcorn:
    To be honest, life sometimes ain't fair! Deal with it, or move on. It's the only real choices you got.
    And since your quoting the rules, I didn't read anywhere that I had to give constructive answers. . . Thank Jello for that!!

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    When Que asks me my opinion on this I will give him an honest answer, through PMs of course. Excuse me, I shall go handle MY dirty laundry without involving INGO.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You ALL are heaping WAY more onto this than I am. Some of you obviously have not read Que's quotation. I didn't ask for a "mod to be banned", that's utter CRAP. Que cited "several" instances where decisions he has made led to "trouble" on the board and asked for our opinions. The word "democracy" has been used several times here.. Can you not read? Que and I both acknowledged this is not a democracy but some of you are using this as a reason for the poll to not be valid. The poll is not valid because YOU choose to make it so.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Simple question, asked by Que himself in Permalink #302 in this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/360423-woman-beheaded-oklahoma-co-worker.html

I don't envy the moderators' positions here on INGO, they volunteer for a difficult job. However, I do think their jobs become even more difficult when they become emotionally involved in the discussions they moderate. The INGO rules give moderators absolute power to censor or ban users (temporarily or permanently). Such censorship or banishment is supposed to be for infractions of a small number of clearly defined rules.

Unfortunately, the rules are not enforced impartially or consistently as evidenced by this thread being allowed to run its course for over five months now despite the core topic being clearly against the INGO rules:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-political-discussion/355113-look-islamic-state.html

For the record, I am abstaining from this vote because I received a two-week ban for my comments in Permalink #60 of the "beheading" thread referenced above.

Que should do what Que wants to do and not be influenced by you or anyone else. As for the IS thread, since when is it against INGO rules to discuss terrorist organisations?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I find this amusing. This is a privately owned forum. If you get butt hurt here just find another forum. It's that simple. We as members don't get to pick and choose Mods. The owner makes the decisions.

FWIW, I voted No.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So if a moderator asks members to start a poll because he wants feedback on the job he is doing it's not right to start that poll?

What did I miss here? I've been contributing and behaving for three months on INGO and when another thread prompts me to do the poll you all crucify me for having a "dull axe to grind"? Should I have started the poll right away or cooled off first? Or would either choice have been the wrong one? And should I have read between the lines that the mod in question really didn't want a poll after all?

We ALL get emotionally involved in these topics, moderators included. It goes with the territory of having strong beliefs and values, which is a good thing until it goes too far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom