Should we eliminate the electoral college??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The social websites are full of progressive folks trumpeting to the heavens, that we must do away with this outdated, unfair system. I have been instigating much "unfriending" of myself by agreeing with them...with a few stipulations on what a legal voter should then be. A steady history of relying on social services, (welfare type programs) should disqualify a voter. No ID?? No vote! Felonies?? No vote. Am I being very unreasonable?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Simple answer is no. Wish i knew how to post links. I know this much. There are over 3500 counties in the US. Wanna know how many Killary won? Less than 60. Article was an excellent read on why we have the electoral college and it basically is so a few large cities do not dictate the outcome of an election.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    NO!
    That is unless you want California and New York to decide all presidential races.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Simple answer is no. Wish i knew how to post links. I know this much. There are over 3500 counties in the US. Wanna know how many Killary won? Less than 60. Article was an excellent read on why we have the electoral college and it basically is so a few large cities do not dictate the outcome of an election.
    Copy the url from the browser and paste it into the reply on ingo.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Those same progressives would be dead set against it had the election gone the other way. Immature children who want to throw a fit and change the rules after the game was lost.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Go to the site you want, copy the url from your browser and paste it in your comment.

Like this, How to copy a web page link or URL

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But for sake of argument; What if we required legal ID in all state. What if reliance on the social services would eliminate voters?

If you are wanting an argument then, Not just NO, but HELL NO!

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Considering Clinton beat Trump in CA by 3.4 million votes but only got 2 million more than Trump in the popular vote that would be NO! Maybe some people in the Country would think that being ruled by CA liberals is a good thing but I'm not one of them.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    OK...I give. I was hoping to stir up some discussion concerning what you all believe a legal voter should be...The electoral college system will be challenged, and probably sooner rather than later.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Only if you think the country would have been better off with Al Gore and Hillary Clinton as President - for a combined total of 16 years between the two of them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Those same progressives would be dead set against it had the election gone the other way. Immature children who want to throw a fit and change the rules after the game was lost.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phylodog again.

You are absolutely right.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

'this much you know '?

Do a quick Google search before proffessing your knowledge

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK...I give. I was hoping to stir up some discussion concerning what you all believe a legal voter should be...The electoral college system will be challenged, and probably sooner rather than later.

I'm not saying you are the instigator, but this argument comes from under the bridge.

Top Bottom