• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I bought this last Sept. The crappy weather just makes me angry.

2018 CVO RG
    Cmkfcxv.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Needing new tires for my 2011 750 shadow aero any real world experience with pirelli mt66's or michelin commander 2's. I thought my Dunlop 404 would make it to the end of the month once we get back from vacation but 600 miles into the season the rear is shot.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    We’re down in Gatlinburg this week for our annual biking trip. After getting rained out Sunday and Monday we got out yesterday and ran through the park and checked out about 25 miles of the BRP. Roads were still pretty wet until the afternoon but it was still a great time. Today’s plan is the Cherohala then run 129 back north and do the Dragon “backwards”.
    No rain forecasted anywhere around here until Saturday so....it’s ON !!!

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    We have been enjoying our softail this year. I have made some small changes. I changed the lights over to LEDs and I put a larger passenger seat on it and changed out the passenger pegs for floorboards.
    OYOIiiv.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Fitted Hepco & Becker expedition boxes onto my 2018 NC750x for an upcoming trip. Also fitted a custom MadStad windshield with side/wing deflectors. I had them make a touring windscreen to replace my factory model. At highway speeds the factory windshield just beats you up with wind buffeting.

The MadStad has adjustable rake and height to create a low pressure air bubble around the rider. Different height windscreens for different sizes of riders. My wife's NC700x now has an 18" windscreen, but my NC750x has the 20" tall windscreen. The screens are supposed to be just short enough that you comfortably see over the top of the screen, but not be staring right at the top.

I'm expecting quite a bit more protection at highway speeds with this new set up on these bikes. Planning a 6500 mile trip following the Great Lakes Circle Tour route for next summer. Factory windshield was not up to that test with its lack of protection.

8javLfInTioo81KYAVTQw_zpsaeyhxutx.jpg

d8It6M3cScqj3lCblJiKsw_zpsptd0kkrl.jpg

aw4li7fQDm7nIX8naguQQ_zpsvv3o8js2.jpg

BKWxGDTASayOtiRRFvcXYg_zpstwrs6uml.jpg

IeO6RcASIO2NifSZYQCbQ_zps9srfxa6j.jpg

DIO7tVKoTsugCf4Ob6wsBQ_zpshh5dbhty.jpg

There are also currently Hepco & Becker expedition boxes on my bike. These are the GOBI model boxes in Alu-Optic, which is an aluminum looking plastic double wall box. Built like a Coleman cooler without the insulation between the double wall system. They sell an accessory spigot that can be installed and if you use it, it gives you 3 liters of water storage available for bike camping without adding any extra bulk simply by filling the cavity between the 2 wall. And the walls are very impact resistant and could more easily take a fall and a slide or bounce off a tree than the human body can take. And the cases will take that impact with minimal damage. More than can be said for the human body.

My wife's NC700x will get GIVI brand V35 boxes. Much sleeker looking, more for urban adventuring than back country adventures. But its what she wanted so that is what she'll get. I have the brackets installed on her bike, just have not yet mounted the boxes. They are read to go, just sitting on the sidelines waiting.

HEPCO & BECKER "GOBI" boxes. The side cases are 37 liter capacity cases. The rear mounted top case is a 42 liter model and is large enough to fit my Size L Arai Defender ProShield helmet with some room to spare.

The frame assembly is a quick attach affair and the cases and frame can be removed from the bike in under 5 minutes, re-installed in about the same time too. Its an interesting attainment system that is both secure, rigid and yet still quick to remove.

ixKaci6QEmUS9OpjHUg6g_zpskktyohif.jpg

ZBwWnfJNQimlMtpSmFUBA_zpszkwmuq4i.jpg

ixKaci6QEmUS9OpjHUg6g_zpskktyohif.jpg

UOOyHCBgTwmN7YgqZwDavA_zpsmz2uxdgq.jpg

gUfiF2DQbSBcopQsvKBYQ_zpsykhgllz2.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom