• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    1967 International. Not a 18 + wheeler but its not a pickup.
    picture.php

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have a lot of respect for semi drivers. I had to drive a uhaul truch with a trailer through the mountains of Utah and about had a heart attack. Not my cup of tea

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My old rig, 2001 FLD120, sitting at the Fairplex in Pomona, Ca prior to the NHRA Winternationals in 2010

picture.php

Playing around outside Amarillo, TX with the horns I bought.

picture.php

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    1967 International. Not a 18 + wheeler but its not a pickup.
    picture.php

I really enjoy anytime I get to drive some of the older stuff. It is work. Not like some of the newer trucks with auto shift trans, smooth rides and stuff like that. A lot of the "Drivers" are just steering wheel holders.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    I alternate between an 08 Sterling single axle dump truck on normal days and a 2013 Mack quad axle dump truck on rare occasion. I'm the only driver we got who likes the single axles because they have no air ride cab. Its a bumpy ride but its fun off road. All the OTR guys might be good on the road, but lets take those rigs off road and see if any of you can drive with me. :)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I alternate between an 08 Sterling single axle dump truck on normal days and a 2013 Mack quad axle dump truck on rare occasion. I'm the only driver we got who likes the single axles because they have no air ride cab. Its a bumpy ride but its fun off road. All the OTR guys might be good on the road, but lets take those rigs off road and see if any of you can drive with me. :)

The drivers seat on my last bus was worthless. If you rode over a sheet of paper it would bounce you as high as it could to as low as it could about 4 times over, go over a large bump and it rode smooth. HATED that [STRIKE]seat[/STRIKE] bus.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

I started OTR pulling flatbed. Didn't Back up much doing that. Now that I have to get into some of these god-forsaken small gas stations with the truck in my 1st post, my skills have improved greatly. Plus that 6 axle trailer will turn circles around a tandem!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Everything passes a Swift. (Except a Schnieder). :lmfao:

That's about right! In my reckoning, Swift, Schneider, Werner, JB Hunt, TMC, England and Maverick all qualify as stationary road hazards.

Mine will run 93mph although I stick withing a couple of miles an hour of the speed limit. As I see it, the purpose is to make money and tickets tend to defeat that purpose.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    That's about right! In my reckoning, Swift, Schneider, Werner, JB Hunt, TMC, England and Maverick all qualify as stationary road hazards.

Mine will run 93mph although I stick withing a couple of miles an hour of the speed limit. As I see it, the purpose is to make money and tickets tend to defeat that purpose.

That old FLD I had was set to top out at 85, which was nice as I ran out west a lot. The Mack's Quickway (my present employer) are mostly set to 62 for the day cabs. I run a dedicated lane between Bloomington, In/Great Lakes, IL/Ft McCoy, WI, so I drive 65 MPH sleepers, I can at least do the speed limit and stay clear of the really slow ones. I wish they weren't automatics, though. I miss my 13 speed Eaton/Fuller gearbox.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That old FLD I had was set to top out at 85, which was nice as I ran out west a lot. The Mack's Quickway (my present employer) are mostly set to 62 for the day cabs. I run a dedicated lane between Bloomington, In/Great Lakes, IL/Ft McCoy, WI, so I drive 65 MPH sleepers, I can at least do the speed limit and stay clear of the really slow ones. I wish they weren't automatics, though. I miss my 13 speed Eaton/Fuller gearbox.

Our smaller trucks (100, 000 lb tri-axle trailer and standard 80, 000 lb tandem) are a T-660 autos. They suck. We have one Volvo with a 12 speed auto. It isn't bad. I like a standard.

Top Bottom