• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The transmitter also keeps the neighbors happy. The same songs played on a speaker all night might make them unhappy.
    I would like to add a speaker. But it would be on a pushbutton activated timer.

My neighbors wouldn't be close enough to hear it. We don't live in a neighborhood where cars can park on the street either, so a simple sign saying tune to XX.X fm works great!

But I can see why having a speaker could be a nuisance.

The Lowes packaged kit is great if you don't want to spend the money or don't know how to make the brains work... Also I don't want to invest a lot of time/money into it, but wanted something more then just the standard lights and moving deer type stuff.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My neighbors wouldn't be close enough to hear it. We don't live in a neighborhood where cars can park on the street either, so a simple sign saying tune to XX.X fm works great!

But I can see why having a speaker could be a nuisance.

The Lowes packaged kit is great if you don't want to spend the money or don't know how to make the brains work... Also I don't want to invest a lot of time/money into it, but wanted something more then just the standard lights and moving deer type stuff.

Any video?

And for the speaker I need to wire, I have a timer.
    Wire the timer so that when the start button is pushed, the timer will latch the circuit on. When the time is up, the timer opens the contact, interrupting its own power, causing it to reset. Then it waits for then next push.

There is a fair amount of money involved, unfortunately.
    The controllers are 250-300 depending on the model. Thats 16 outputs.
    Then extension cords. You can't run 1 extension, or everything would turn on.
    I think I'm around 1000 ft of extension. I'd have to look it up, but I'm not at home.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Could you PM me your Address? My Family and I drive around watching displays like this starting 2 weeks before Christmas and I would be more than happy to through your house on our Route!!

Edit: Nice display BTW

PM sent.
    I usually let people know when they're up. Anyone can PM me next year for address. After all that work I like it when people enjoy it.

Top Bottom