• ...and so much more!
  • Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Coyote Gun

My favorite would have to be my remington 700 lvsf in .17 remington. I have a leupold vx-1 3-9x40 and I installed a rifle basix trigger in it as well. I usually shoot 30 grain berger varmints out of it with good results.
    yotephoto.jpg
    [/IMG]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My favorite would have to be my remington 700 lvsf in .17 remington. I have a leupold vx-1 3-9x40 and I installed a rifle basix trigger in it as well. I usually shoot 30 grain berger varmints out of it with good results.
    yotephoto.jpg
    [/IMG]

I have taken a couple with .17 HMR. This round does not get enough love.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have taken a couple with .17 HMR. This round does not get enough love.
    Don't know if it was a typo or not, but the .17 Rem is a COMPLETELY different animal than the .17 HMR. The .17 Rem is a centerfire hot rod! Left to right: .17 mach2 (22 lr necked down), .17 HMR (22 mag necked down), .17 Fireball (221 fireball necked down), .17 Rem. (.223 necked down)
    07fireauv5.jpg

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't know if it was a typo or not, but the .17 Rem is a COMPLETELY different animal than the .17 HMR. The .17 Rem is a centerfire hot rod! Left to right: .17 mach2 (22 lr necked down), .17 HMR (22 mag necked down), .17 Fireball (221 fireball necked down), .17 Rem. (.223 necked down)
    07fireauv5.jpg

That is just "NUTS"......................:rockwoot:

A-savvy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Remington 700 in 22-250 with a Leupold VX-1 4-12x40, Harris bipod and trigger job done by local gunsmith.
    gun-2.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    .243 700 ADL w 4-12X AO Leupold. Probably yank it and go with 3-9X reg and put the other on a target .22 rf........for a walking varmint rifle I don't need that much mag.

picture.php

I sometimes take just a handgun.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have over a dozen predator rifles that I use in various applications throughout the season. I switch it up a little between the various states & regions I hunt.

The bulk of my coyote shooting is done with a custom Olympic AR of some sorth... 25WSSM or 22-250.... with a Nightforce NXS on top. I try to run the smaller rifles on cats.

Valentine.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

gunand5.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have over a dozen predator rifles that I use in various applications throughout the season. I switch it up a little between the various states & regions I hunt.

The bulk of my coyote shooting is done with a custom Olympic AR of some sorth... 25WSSM or 22-250.... with a Nightforce NXS on top. I try to run the smaller rifles on cats.

Valentine.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

gunand5.jpg

I thought we had good days. I am humbled.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County

Valentine.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

gunand5.jpg
    Awesome pics ........YOU DA 'YOTE MAN!

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Well,, I was outside late last night, around night around midnight heard maybe 4 or 5 coyotes..Man it was eire hearing them howl.My question is if one of them happens to get near me or my pets do I have the right to shoot one. I live in Brownsburg around 300 and Dan Jones. Any laws about shooting a coyote if they come close to the houses or my back yard.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is it about coyotes and foxes that people feel the need to stack them like cord-wood? Is everyone after the pelt money? The "sport" of just shooting something alive? Most people I've asked reply with essentially 'for sh*ts and giggles'.

I'm the last person anyone would call a tree-hugger, but they do actually serve an important role is a sustainable ecosystem. I have a homestead in farm country, hear them all the time, and haven't heard of any issues around here. I don't think any Brownsburgers are in danger of marauding coyotes mauling them at night. And we didn't have any issues with pets getting eaten while I was stationed in New Mexico, and we had coyotes living on-post that hung out by the dental clinic and housing areas. And on top of that, if it wasn't illegal to keep them as pets, you know a lot of hilljacks around here would have wolves/hybrids/coyote-dogs for pets.

Nice rifles, in any case.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yeah, we're all stupid in Indiana, that's why we hunt furbearers (according to the regs) with cool rifles...................just to F up the natural balance the "enlightened" have to keep telling us about.

Thanks, but your little preface just doesn't cut it.

Brownsburg, the center of the friggin' universe.

Last edited:

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is it about coyotes and foxes that people feel the need to stack them like cord-wood? ....

Your self-admitted ignorance on this topic is glaring, but if you truly want help to understand a subject then maybe drop the passive /aggressive condescending BS. Until then, your ignorance, accusations, and condescending attitude are not excused.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom