• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    We've all discussed em, but here's an official thread to post all your doomsday, end of the world, SHTF scenarios. This may be a reincarnation of a previous thread or three, but I cant read em all and heck it might have been before my time on Ingo. Soooo, post em if ya got em!!

Mine for today: Massive asteroid hurling toward earth. Scientists (not telling the general public of course) figure its tradgectory as just missing the earth. Unfortunatly, they forget to calculate that our moon is right in the asteroids path! The asteroid (like the size of north america) slams into the moon, sending a life ending chunk of our satelite rock toward us. bye bye us. :nailbite:

I have several scenarios, so I will of course post more later. :D
    Let the needless (ok maybe not needless) worry begin!

Last edited:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    North Korea decides they want to try their hand.......

Iran and several others figure they will join in, we of course wipe them off the globe but, We as survivors who have prepared are faced with the difficult task of carrying on and creating new from the remains.

I don't mean Madmax type world I am talking everything is like it was 200 years ago, Those that prepared have a head start. You will have to grow and raise what you eat. NO WORK NO FOOD..

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I agree with Richard, although increasing odds on Iran/NK. For those who haven't read.

Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse

James Wesley Rawles

Part novel, part survivalist-handbook, Patriots tells of a small group of friends facing every American's worst nightmare - the total collapse of society. The stock market plummets and hyperinflation cripples commerce and then a seemingly isolated financial crisis passes the tipping point when an unprepared government fails to act. Practically overnight, the fragile institutions of democracy fall apart and every American is forced to survive on their own.

Evading mobs of desperate, out-of-control citizens who have turned Chicago into a wasteland of looting and mayhem, this novel's protagonists make their way to a shared secure ranch in the wilds of northern Idaho. Here the survival-driven group fends off vicious attacks from the outside and eventually assists in restoring order to the country. The compelling, fast-paced action-adventure novel has readers jotting notes and referencing the book's impressive index for informative survivalist tips on everything from setting up a secure shelter to treating traumatic flesh wounds.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Another scenario, realistic or not: The movie "I Am Legend". All over the world though. Some terrorist unleashes a virus that turns humans into zombies. Only the heavily armed will survive. :D
    That is a great movie btw, Imho.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Oh yeah, I forgot there is now a special disaster preparedness section. This probably should have been posted there, but what the heck. Cant win em all.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Michael Jackson dies and all his diehard fans are whipped into a frenzy insisting it was the governments fault!!! :popcorn:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I can see a true SHTF scenario based on food prices.There will be those that can not afford food at some point.Lets just figure on food riots starting in Detroit and spreading.If it happens there will be three kinds of people. 1.The starving 2.Those that can afford any price to still eat 3.The prepared

I watched a show the other night on CNN about Detroit. I had no idea the average suburbanite had to drive 12 miles to find a grocery store(around the Detroit area).This is due to the HUGE number of stores that have closed down for good over the last 10 years.There are almost no national chains even present around the city.Can you imagine how much more sever the impact would be if there ever was a shortage?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I can see a true SHTF scenario based on food prices.There will be those that can not afford food at some point.Lets just figure on food riots starting in Detroit and spreading.If it happens there will be three kinds of people. 1.The starving 2.Those that can afford any price to still eat 3.The prepared

I watched a show the other night on CNN about Detroit. I had no idea the average suburbanite had to drive 12 miles to find a grocery store(around the Detroit area).This is due to the HUGE number of stores that have closed down for good over the last 10 years.There are almost no national chains even present around the city.Can you imagine how much more sever the impact would be if there ever was a shortage?

Remember Acorn will have your exactl location and how many are there to defend it. Once they are appointed to FEMA positions every time the weather changes they will be sent in to check your supply availability to see if "you need any help".

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Here's one, a fungus affects the hybrid strains of wheat around the world and because of a lack of seed diversity, ie. monocultures the world famine begins.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    I'm not sure which scenario is most likely. I do think that it WON'T be a sudden event. More a slow burn type of thing.

If it is sudden then in all likelyhood it is only a local issue and the recovery for that area will be fast. Think Hurricane, tornado, wildfire, etc.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Michael Jackson dies and all his diehard fans are whipped into a frenzy insisting it was the governments fault!!! :popcorn:

That wouldn't be SHTF, that would just be plain good old fashioned fun... :D

I lie awake at nights worrying about invading space alien elephants (re: Larry Nivan's Footfall). Space elephants are scary.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Economic collapse. The govt racks up trillions of dollars in debt to try to spend out of the problem until the dollar fails. Savings are wiped out along with millions of jobs. The govt's ability to borrow from other countries evaporates and major social programs go unfunded. Social Security checks stop coming as do other forms of govt help. The govt ratchets up taxes to try to fund the social programs, but that just digs a deeper hole. Small protests turn into big protests which turn into riots over the course of a couple of weeks. When the rioting begins, the govt declares martial law and orders gold and silver, along with guns be turned in. The military is ordered to 'handle' hotspots where folks band together and refuse to cooperate.

Just thoughts off the top of my head as to how it could happen.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    MY worst worry is a "perfect storm" scenario.

The economic collapse is pretty likely, and the UG99 threat maybe hype, maybe real. If both hit at the same time......THAT would be a pretty ugly scenario.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Economic collapse. The govt racks up trillions of dollars in debt to try to spend out of the problem until the dollar fails. Savings are wiped out along with millions of jobs. The govt's ability to borrow from other countries evaporates and major social programs go unfunded. Social Security checks stop coming as do other forms of govt help. The govt ratchets up taxes to try to fund the social programs, but that just digs a deeper hole. Small protests turn into big protests which turn into riots over the course of a couple of weeks. When the rioting begins, the govt declares martial law and orders gold and silver, along with guns be turned in. The military is ordered to 'handle' hotspots where folks band together and refuse to cooperate.

Just thoughts off the top of my head as to how it could happen.

This is playing out in California right now. I'm sure that Osamabama is taking notes that will assist him when it happens nationally. It won't be pretty.

Top Bottom