• ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Lets try this again......

you wake up to the sound of the weather alert going off. President Obama has declared martial law due to the 15 major terrorists attack the first week of him being president.

5 shipping ports were hit by nukes, small pox is in NY NY and back pack bombs have been used in airports, train stations and college sporting events. The worst attack was when they hacked the air traffic control system and caused 100's mid air disasters and the debris rained down damaging and killing all across this country.

Obama wants us to turn in all our guns so the terrorists can get them and will pay us $1,000 each. Sales of ammo is stopped and we all must remain in our homes until we have been cleared that we are gun free.

Now what you going to do?

I don't think the federal reserve will be operational to print the 1,000's of dollars needed to pay all of us for our guns. Would be another empty promise from OB.

But besides that, only from my cold dead hands...well, they may actually still be warm, but they wouldn't get them voluntarily.

Back in the day of militias, there were regular meetings and it was your duty to have a rifle. If you did not have one, then one was provided.

We should actually have this today, yet we would be looked at by our government as some type of radical group looking to overthrow the government.

Only as an organized group could we possibly do anything to stand up to the oppressors.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Lets try this again......

you wake up to the sound of the weather alert going off. President Obama has declared martial law due to the 15 major terrorists attack the first week of him being president.

5 shipping ports were hit by nukes, small pox is in NY NY and back pack bombs have been used in airports, train stations and college sporting events. The worst attack was when they hacked the air traffic control system and caused 100's mid air disasters and the debris rained down damaging and killing all across this country.

Obama wants us to turn in all our guns so the terrorists can get them and will pay us $1,000 each. Sales of ammo is stopped and we all must remain in our homes until we have been cleared that we are gun free.

Now what you going to do?

Time to dust off the GOTH plan.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    At 4:15AM your spouse is killed from a tree knocked on your house from the shockwave from an asteroid impact 400 miles away. Nothing within 500 miles can help and its 20 degrees outside.

You and your kids are on your own.

God! if only i could get that luck right now :D

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Sales of ammo is stopped and we all must remain in our homes until we have been cleared that we are gun free.Now what you going to do?

I will gladly give them ammo. Thing is the scenario is wrong, if guns are to be taken it will be a drawn out process. The government will convince the sheep that they don't need them and the government will protect them. Problem with that is very few will buy into it.

He would be removed from office - legally.:ingo:

nmcampbe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Central IN
    Can't it be warmer outside, sunny and 75 maybe??? 20, man that sucks. Hopefully you can search through the rubble and find some of your goodies. A fully stocked underground shelter is looking better and better.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Reading this zombie thread interested me in the book Lucifer's Hammer as well, so I peeked around a bit and found not only it, but large collections of other post apocalyptic fiction. If anybody wants to read Lucifer's Hammer, I will email it to you in your choice of .txt, .pdf, or .rtf. Just drop me a message including your email address and your choice of file extension.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Don't forget your knife !

I read through the posts and find all of them to have merit in a SHTF scenario. (It makes us think which is good). The weapon/s of choice are really what you have when it happens and we adapt from there. Even the lowly but honorable .22 LR received honorable mention which I agree with for small game hunting, etc. and it's cheap to stockpile. It's won't provide much suppression fire however. It could however be used in barter situations since we won't want to give up the big stuff so easily.

The bigger issue is what is the SHTF scenario ?

Maybe this should be for another thread but it would seem like planning and practice would encompass a few possible scenarios. Defending against Zombies and ET's not included.

It would seem that most plan for the worst and hope for the best but somewhere in the middle is most likely. So, if we look at history, it will probably be a slow painful degeneration of organized civil society. (Look at it now). The local sporting good store or gun shop will have long run out of ammo by the time S really HTF, either from Goobermint dumbassery legislation or from resupply problems. Looting will prevail. Those with lead and the ability to use it effectively will probably be organizing or participating in "block watch" rotations. Maybe even larger scale organized scenarios to encompass a town or small city. I won't hold my breath on the last one. Most people can't even agree on what time it is.

Either way, no man stands alone at this point unless you bug out to the wilderness. If you have family and live in an urban zone, you will likely dig in for the fight to survive against the desperate, freaked out and/or armed raiding parties. If you do bug out, there are open areas of this great country to go to, but getting there from a populated area could be a long journey, if you make it.

No Bubba, the military and police can't help us any more. We need to get smart to live.

No Bubba, the delivery truck ain't commin' today or tomorrow or the next day. We will have what we have. Use it and protect it wisely.

Yes Bubba, the reloader guy will be protected and defended, until his supplies run out.

Yes Bubba, today you have Garden Patrol and stay out of the tomatoes this time !

No Bubba, the Amish don't need diesel fuel for their horses to farm with.

So in the overall above slowly eroding scenario, a semi-auto pistol of choice (9mm and above recommended) and either the 7.62x39 or the .223/5.56 will do just fine. For me, it's the AK round since the domestic military will seize and protect the AR round just like gold. The .308 will have its place as will all the others, including the .22, but at some point it comes down to a few primary calibers to save the day, in my opinion. AK's, AR's and their variants will be front line defenders. Anyone with ammo "on the same side" is welcome regardless of what you bring to the party.

On the other hand and based on massive destruction like with nukes or an astroid, people will quickly turn on each other. Panic will rule the day depending on the immediately affected zones.

Denial will NOT be an option.

Also, people won't be running around shooting mass quantities of brass ammo through their uber tactical sexy lubed-up black automatic rifles like in the movies. :ar15: Not the smart ones any way.

My intent was not to hijack the thread....just to integrate the thinking process with a few scenarios and maybe have a little fun in an otherwise gloomy but necessary thought process. Yes it was a long post and you think a SHTF situation will be short and sweet ?

Don't forget your trusty knife !

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    When Y2K was predicted, folks should have got the message. Most people I knew had preps, buckets of bullets, sharpened knives, extra cash in hand, back up sources of heat, electric and water. Nada occured.
    Since then, less a couple of bad coastal hurricanes, we have all become complacent and should be reminded about the SHTF. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom