• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No matter what term you use, it doesn't fix the problem, if you agree there is a problem. I believe caravans of 1000's overwhelming our border system is a big problem. One entity (trump) is trying to fix the problem, and several entities (dems and never-trumpers) are working against fixing the problem, even though in years gone by, they supported fixing the problem.

I think both sides are acting dumb.

Trump came up with the idea for a wall during his campaign, because it's a big, solid manifestation that looks impressive. Now he's stuck with that solution, even if it's sub-optimal for solving the problem. He's got to save face and get something tangible under his belt.

Pelosi and her clan have to ignore their past commitments and ignore the good the of the country in order to prove that they will be tough on Trump.

They're both choosing politics over people.

Reminds me of dumb arguments with my wife.
    Me, "Ok, ok, I'm sorry let's go do X."
    "I hate X!"
    "What? You've always liked X."
    "No!"
    "Do you hate X because you're angry at me?"
    "Grrrr...."

(and no X is not anal.)

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Huh?

The left started using the term "undocumented citizen" instead of the long accepted term of "illegal immigrant" because they wanted a term with a softer, more welcoming tone that fits their agenda.

The right now seems to have taken on that strategy with the term "invader" in an effort to portray people as a horde of Huns and Vikings coming to rape our livestock and slaughter our women.

And yet one term adheres to the accepted English language definitions while the other requires redefining the language.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    False.

Undocumented citizen states that they are a citizen, but lacking any documentation as such. They are not citizens of this country.

There are multiple definitions for invade that accurately describe their actions. Although this is not an armed/military invasion, the word still fits:
    • to intrude upon
    • to encroach or infringe upon
    • to permeate
    • to penetrate; spread into or over
    How far down did you have to go to find those definitions? Because the top ones in the link you posted are:
    1. to enter forcefully as an enemy; go into with hostile intent: Germany invaded Poland in 1939.
    2. to enter like an enemy: Locusts invaded the fields.
    3. to enter as if to take possession: to invade a neighbor's home.
    4. to enter and affect injuriously or destructively, as disease

Which none of them are even close to accurate.

"Illegal immigrant" is the most accurate: Someone is immigrating, illegally.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That term "invader" is just as inappropriate as "undocumented citizen".

They aren't Mongols coming with broadswords to pillage, nor are they citizens who merely someone lost their paperwork.

They are, for the most part, people looking for a better life than the one they were living in their **** hole country. Granted, it's offensive to all of us that they choose to ignore proper immigration channels and flaunt that law, but they aren't "invaders".

Let's just stick to what they actually are, "illegal immigrants" and quit trying to change the truth by changing the terminology. That's what the left did, and I'd like to think we're better than that.

Nope. They became invaders when they chose to come in illegally, climbing under or over the barrier to our country. They knew this from the start of their mission to come to our country. Their plan was to illegally invade our country.

Immigrants, legal or not, come in through the designated entry points. Invaders invade, as these folks have.

The wall is needed to eliminate this invasion problem. It is an emergency that is intensifying.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nope. They became invaders when they chose to come in illegally, climbing under or over the barrier to our country. They knew this from the start of their mission to come to our country. Their plan was to illegally invade our country.

Immigrants, legal or not, come in through the designated entry points. Invaders invade, as these folks have.

The wall is needed to eliminate this invasion problem. It is an emergency that is intensifying.

19789999.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, MW is the whore of the dictionary world. For $20, any word or definition can get in.

I'm OED or AHD man.

I suppose I could be bothered to look it up in my AHD4 on the shelf, but I know what it means and I know how your trying to twist the narrative. I don't like it when liberals do it, I really don't like when conservatives do it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-republicans-try-outlaw-future-163155053.html
    Democrats and Republicans try to outlaw future government shutdowns after Trump backs down over wall funding

“Shutting down the government should be as off-limits in budget negotiations as chemical warfare is in real warfare,” Senator Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn, said on Friday.
    He was not alone in expressing those sentiments. Members of both parties said it was past time to enact legislation that would essentially mean the government would remain open at existing spending levels when an impasse such as the fight over the border wall was reached, rather than shuttering parts or all of the government. That is an outcome that virtually everyone agrees is costly, unnecessary and even embarrassing.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-republicans-try-outlaw-future-163155053.html
    Democrats and Republicans try to outlaw future government shutdowns after Trump backs down over wall funding

“Shutting down the government should be as off-limits in budget negotiations as chemical warfare is in real warfare,” Senator Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn, said on Friday.
    He was not alone in expressing those sentiments. Members of both parties said it was past time to enact legislation that would essentially mean the government would remain open at existing spending levels when an impasse such as the fight over the border wall was reached, rather than shuttering parts or all of the government. That is an outcome that virtually everyone agrees is costly, unnecessary and even embarrassing.
    They should do that. This shutdown nonsense does need to stop. No more extra paid vacations for large numbers of people. No more screwing with people lives when they are being even more childish than normal.

Top Bottom