• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I say hold all federal paychecks until they start working for the people again.

You mean they will only get what the lobbyists give them and the sweet real estate deals and the insider trading profits?

You mean they will never receive a government pay check again?

IndianaGlock85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2018
    Madison
    Can the president declare an emergency and lock the 2 houses of Congress in their chambers until they come to an agreement? Sounds like a good plan. And ban the media from entering except for the cameras inside that broadcast the meetings.

Seriously I agree if it was at all possible. I mean it’s the house and senates JOB to fund the government and they just keep going back and forth arguing like teenagers. With Pelosi as speaker it’s only going to be worse now.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    307, I think you missed my point. If you asked me how many current, ongoing "national emergencies" there are, I would have said zero. Maybe a few ongoing relief efforts from past emergencies like the California fires and PR hurricane. Especially once I find out that the opioid crisis is a "public health emergency" instead of a "national"... I would think that if there were 28 ongoing national emergencies, most people would be able to list at least half of them without using google.

I've resisted googling what they are while I rack my brain.

I absolutely agree with you. I didn’t know or even think there was a possibility that we had any “national emergency” in effect at this time. I would also have said zero.

I was surprised and curious as to what they could be, thus my google search. My search was quick and dirty as I had other things needing attention. I would like to know what the source was for the list that blue falcon posted, which is a very good right to the point list. I only posted the opioid link as it had the list at the bottom/end of the article. Again, I had no idea that we had any current national emergencies.

However, I think that several of the national emergencies in the list, were a situation that we (U. S. Gov.) was trying to stop certain foreign governments from removing their assets from U.S. establishments. Kind of a “quick and dirty“ way, instead of waiting on/for congress to act.

However, I could be wrong, been accused of being wrong in the past.

YMMV

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That was an excerpt from one of the links someone else posted, I annotated it a bit so it was not a total theft.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Oh I am serious. Never hidden that fact. Big brother went out of his boundary's long ago and continues to expand as people become more lazy/dependent.
    So you are saying the answer to my question is in these essay's. That is your views.

I am simply suggesting you read the essays, draw your own conclusions, and make your own decisions.

Those beginning on page 125 and page 167 are, in my honest opinion, most pertinent to this latest show.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Menendez working something on the beach while the govt is in shutdown...;)

Menendez-beach.png

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not know if I will be effected, but it is the right thing to do.

Top Bottom