• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They are different guns. But they are both fine guns. So it is a matter of personal taste. No one on here can advise your friend what his personal taste should be. He needs to try both and make his own pick. Then learn to deal with whichever he picks.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Glocks are good guns and popular of course, but personally I have a problem owning a gun that is made of some substance other than metal. The best thing about the Glock guys is that they'll sell their Sigs. :)

guns_up

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Danville
    Have him try both. I've shot both, I prefer the Glock, but that's only because I have never liked Sigs. Not becuase I think they are crappy guns, they are great. I just liked how the glock fit in my hands better than the sig. Good luck. you really can't go wrong with either.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Glocks are good guns and popular of course, but personally I have a problem owning a gun that is made of some substance other than metal. The best thing about the Glock guys is that they'll sell their Sigs. :)

Im pretty sure like 99% of the gun is metal. The only plastic besides the takedown lever, the mag release button, and the recoil spring guide rod is the grip, which plays no part in durability or whatever youre claiming to say metal does. Ive personally seen several plastic guide rod springs last well over 10,000 rounds.

With that said, sigs are great! Everyone is entitled to their opinion :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'd tell him to handle both and see if the clerk at the shop you guys go to would mind him dry firing each a couple of times....

They both fill the same purpose in very different ways...

Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    I love my G23. He needs to handle both, shoot both if possible, then make up his mind, price when it comes to your carry gun shouldn't be the deciding factor.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I don't like the SIG pro, I would go for the GLOCK 23, but I'm not a GLOCK fan I haven't drank the KOOL-AIDS

I drank the koolaid, ITS GOOD SH*T!!!!

Glock-Aid.jpg

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    Like everyone else has said both are good guns. I've owned both and I prefer the Sig to the Glock because (I'll say it) it points more naturally. That being said I carry a HK USPC.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County

If the gun is accurate and reliable who cares what it's made up of. Besides the police carry Glocks and if they trust them so do I.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    If the gun is accurate and reliable who cares what it's made up of. Besides the police carry Glocks and if they trust them so do I.

The Navy Seals, and a bunch of US and foreign intelligence agencies don't trust Glocks. They trust Sigs. Too many people like Glocks for them to not be good guns. Not saying they're not. NutnFancy on Youtube is a Glock guy, but he still pretty much calls it a draw between to two in one of his reviews.

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    Way back in the day, I did not like Glocks because the did not feel right.
    I was packing 1911 in those days. A friend that had a Glock 17 said run thru a course and see how you score against your .45, soI did. Then I went out and bought a Glock.
    The moral of the story is, have your friend not just shoot both but score both.

Top Bottom