• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So my Son has narrowed down the field to a Sig P320 and a few other renderings in 9mm, Glock 17, Springfield XD. Next week we are going back to the range and he is going to have a side by show down to determine his first Handgun. Some of the pluses appear to be size, grip angle and sights. Anyone have any info or alternatives to look at?

I am huge fan of Glock 45.

If starting from nothing, Walther PDP is another rec (I am still big fan of Walther PPQ).

And you thought Walter's North American advertising manager should be fired, wwweeellll, he is doing great job compared to the ultimate dark horse, Steyr L9A2:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So my Son has narrowed down the field to a Sig P320 and a few other renderings in 9mm, Glock 17, Springfield XD. Next week we are going back to the range and he is going to have a side by show down to determine his first Handgun. Some of the pluses appear to be size, grip angle and sights. Anyone have any info or alternatives to look at?
    Anyway he should look at guns from American Corporations???.not plants here but a true American Corp.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I’ve owned quite a few striker-fired 9mm pistols, including the 3 you mentioned. The Sig M18 with a Wilson Combat grip module has been my favorite, hands down. Great features all around and it comes with a couple 21 round mags in addition to the 17 rounder.

Another poster mentioned the CZ PCR which is also at the top of my list. Not sure your son would be interested given the models he’s considering but it’s sweeeet with the CGW upgrades.

Floorguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    Akron
    I'd recommend he get whatever feels best in his hand. All are good options, and similar enough that really it should come down to personal preference. My choice would be the glock, I've competed with them for forever with excellent reliability. The sig's are very nice as well though I'd look more heavily into the negligent discharges they were having. The M&P I never could get past the hinge in the trigger itself, always drove me nuts.
    Don't overlook Walther have him wrap his paws around one.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My oldest boys wanted a Springfield XD 45 Tactical. My youngest boy wanted a Ruger American 9mm. My girl wanted my TP9v2. They all had multiple handguns to shoot which included revolvers.
    My oldest boy is the only one who doesn't have the pistol I bought for him, and he kicks himself for getting rid of it. He figured out it was more sentimental than he thought afterwards.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Where were those twin black powder pistols built?
    There is a huge difference in working hard to buy American and having to buy Foreign (I haven’t found BP American made production handguns). Many don’t try very hard to exhaust the American market. So there’s that.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    There is a huge difference in working hard to buy American and having to buy Foreign (I haven’t found BP American made production handguns). Many don’t try very hard to exhaust the American market. So there’s that.

Its so hypocritical to make posts to buy American and them post pictures of your junk imports.

From a retired Union Trade pensioner,
    You my friend talk the talk, but you dont walk the walk.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    I’m seeming to have almost the exact same issue in my first handgun choice

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’m seeming to have almost the exact same issue in my first handgun choice
    Putting our personal preferences and biases aside, the marketplace is currently flooded with reliable, accurate and affordable (ok ok its not 2019 but still my point remains) polymer 9mm full size and compact pistols. Sig, Glock, SA, SW, CZ etc etc etc.

The challenge is making the right choice FOR YOU. Probably why so many people end up with multiple purchases....not that I know anything about that. :whistle:

Top Bottom