• ...and so much more!
  • cjacobs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Bloomington
    One of each, 220 and 220 carry.
    The carry definitely gets the nod. Easy to carry, shoots just like its big brother.

DSC_0205.jpg

CIMG4703.jpg

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Wow, that's an early P220 with the Euro mag release. I held the P220 Carry at Gander Mountain yesterday. I want to find a Dark Elite and see how I like it. Hopefully I can find one locally without having to go the Gunbroker route.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wow, that's an early P220 with the Euro mag release. I held the P220 Carry at Gander Mountain yesterday. I want to find a Dark Elite and see how I like it. Hopefully I can find one locally without having to go the Gunbroker route.

I decided against the Dark Elite due to the adjustable rear sight. Each to their own, but it looks bulky and not sure how it would stand up to one handed racking drills.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've had a couple of P220s. The P220 carry makes me scratch my head. Doesn't make much sense to chop the barrel off and leave the grip full length, since for carry purposes, it's the grip that typically causes the more significant concealment problem. The other way around would be far better (i.e. decrease the grip length while leaving the barrel alone).

IMOH, the P220 compact, with the reduced grip length is truely the more suitable model for carry. I thought the older P245 compact models were pretty cool too. All are quality P-series pistols.

IMHO, the P-series 45s are flippier than, say, their Glock 30 and 36 counterparts. So, I enjoy shooting the G30 more than the full-size P220. Might be the higher bore axis of the SIG. Might be the dual/telescoping recoil spring and lower bore axis of the Glock. Might just be me and my hand, but that's my subjective experience with the recoil of them.

Agreed! that's why I carry a P220 Compact.

PA301736.jpg

Top Bottom