• ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wonder if it wasn't a DAK trigger...

Wonder if the DA would've gone off?

Matters not - drawstrings are something for us ALL to be aware of - especially now that we'll soon be transitioning into fall & winter.

-J-

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Wonder if it wasn't a DAK trigger...

Wonder if the DA would've gone off?

Matters not - drawstrings are something for us ALL to be aware of - especially now that we'll soon be transitioning into fall & winter.

-J-

I don't understand these statements. DAK is a double action only, right? I just woke up but thats what my slow infusion of coffe has allowed my sleepy mind to recall.

So if im thinking right, the DA did go off... if it was DA/SA it would have been the same result, because it's still a DA length pull.

And I will certainly agree that this can apply to anyone and should to everyone.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't understand these statements. DAK is a double action only, right? I just woke up but thats what my slow infusion of coffe has allowed my sleepy mind to recall.

So if im thinking right, the DA did go off... if it was DA/SA it would have been the same result, because it's still a DA length pull.

And I will certainly agree that this can apply to anyone and should to everyone.

DAK = Double Action Kellerman - every trigger pull the same - but the DAK action is substantially lighter than a traditional DA/SA

By my second statement calling it a "DA", I was implying a DA/SA with the longer & more difficult first trigger pull (hammer down)

-J-

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I suppose it would just depend on how hard he put it in the holster... I didn't know that DAK was a lighter DA trigger. I was kind of put off by the always DA pull concept... But I might have to try one...

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Similar discharges happened back in the day when DA revolvers ruled.

The trigger weight isn't much of a factor when reholstering since relatively large arm muscles (compared to finger musles) are involved.

No one ever won a fight by being the fastest to put their gun away.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Thumb on the hammer on a DA gun 100% prevents this.

Thumb riding the safety on a SA gun 100% prevents this.

Given no hammer or safety, be extra extra careful. Now that I am giving glock a try, I make great effort to make sure the muzzle's not pointed at fleshy [fatty] bits as I'm holstering (including holstering the gun prior to putting the holster on my person when apx carrying)

-rvb

Ridgeman4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Middletown
    I guess no matter how careful you think that you are, any slight lapse of attention and things like this can happen. Things like this bring light to just how careful we have to be 100% of the time!

Top Bottom