• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    If you can get a copy of March 2013 Gun Tests, they gave the P938 a grade of "F" because it wouldn't fire the Cor Bon 115 JHP's and even stopped up the firing-pin hole with a piece of primer scrapped off. They tried 2 different P938 with "FTF" in both of them.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I would love to have a 938 because they are just 1911 cool. Still, for pocket carry residing so close to my favorite "junk", I don't feel comfortable with a SA cocked and locked condition.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    I would love to have a 938 because they are just 1911 cool. Still, for pocket carry residing so close to my favorite "junk", I don't feel comfortable with a SA cocked and locked condition.

Definitely agree with this, and is why I never used my Colt Mustang for concealed carry. I assume also that the Sig does not have a grip safety (??). In my humble opinion, a single action pistol like this is best carried in a good belt holster if cocked and locked is the plan. On the other hand, a striker-fired pistol with a relatively long trigger pull, such as the Kahr, is a bit more forgiving and more akin to a double action revolver. I like this in a concealed carry piece. In a 'difficult situation' I want my gear to be as simple, reliable and forgiving as possible. Your mileage may vary.

wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    West Lafayette/South Bend
    My friend has a 938 and was nice enough to let me try it out. No issues putting 100 rounds of cheap 147 grain target ammo through it. He says he's had no issues with it reliability wise. It's a sweet little gun that I'm thinking about getting for myself one day.

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I have both the 238 and the 938. Both are great guns. 238 has the best sights in the mouse gun market IMHO. Both have been reliable and accurate right out of the box. Although, I have to say I have not put as many rounds as I would have liked through the 938 due to the current ammo market (or lack thereof). Both are great belt guns, I'm attempting pocket carry with the 238 the last couple days in a Talon wallet holster. I don't know if that is going to work...the hammer and manual safety are making me think long and hard about that method of CC. Besides that though, big fan of both weapons.

GreatLakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I carry the Kahr cw-9 - yes, longer barrel but otherwise pretty much the same weapon as the pm-9. Because I wear a suit on a daily basis, I wanted something very low profile and was moving from my g-19 (as my edc). I can comfortably wear the cw-9 in shorts and a t-shirt with my Blade-tech IWB holster and its invisible and super comfortable. This is a good "suit" gun, but isn't great if it's wet and muddy - nothing runs like a glock. The benefit I saw with the CW-9 is that it runs well and is very accurate, the little extra size makes it a pleasure to shoot and dampens recoil better than a smaller frame - works for me anyway.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Hi, I have owned and shot both the Kahr PM9 and the Sig P938. Both have been completely reliable. The Sig ergonomics, to me, are much better than the Kahr. The Kahr seems like a brick to me much like the Glocks. The Sig has the three dot sights that I prefer over the Kahr sighting system. And I like the Single Action Sig trigger over the DAO long trigger pull of the Kahr. Also, to me, the Sig has less felt recoil then the Kahr. And finally I am in the group that likes external safeties like the Sig has. Thus after five years of ownership, I have sold the Kahr. It was an easy decision for me.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Hi, I have owned and shot both the Kahr PM9 and the Sig P938. Both have been completely reliable. The Sig ergonomics, to me, are much better than the Kahr. The Kahr seems like a brick to me much like the Glocks. The Sig has the three dot sights that I prefer over the Kahr sighting system. And I like the Single Action Sig trigger over the DAO long trigger pull of the Kahr. Also, to me, the Sig has less felt recoil then the Kahr. And finally I am in the group that likes external safeties like the Sig has. Thus after five years of ownership, I have sold the Kahr. It was an easy decision for me.
    Welcome to INGO! I love my little P238 and recently started carring cocked and locked in a pocket holster instead of IWB. Now I don't worry about shooting off my junk anymore. The safety is very stiff, so probably wasn't an issue anyways. Kinda wish you had joined sooner. I've already paid for my CM9. I'm afraid I'm not going to like the trigger after playing with the CW9 this past Thursday. I like everything about the P238, just thinking a 9mm might be a better choice. I will give the CM9 a chance. If I don't like it...I will be looking for a P938. SA has always been my preference.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I dont like my Kahr cw40,malfuntions I had,the material just dont seen as good as a Sig /Glock. It was acurate but the side held back & didnt rechamber because of a cheap paperclip part that got out of place. never seen such a whimpy thing on any other pistol .

Top Bottom