• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I don't think that they could have chosen a more unattractive handgun. :D
    I'm guessing the prototype for the 320 was cut out of a scrap 2x6, with a jig saw. Damn.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Did they win because the Army thinks they need a thumb safety?
    That and modularity probably. No way this pistol holds up to a GLOCK. It's just a fact. It doesn't mean the sig was the most reliable it just means it fit their criteria in more areas. I seriously wonder if this could change by next week?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Not being pedantic (unless you were only jesting), but none of the issue Sigs will be using hollowpoints, not unless the U.S. military has formally withdrawn from the Hague Convention.

U.S. Army Wants Hollow-Point Ammo for New Pistol, Not for the M9 | Military.com

Makes sense considering the terrorist organizations we have been gmfighting for the last almost 20 years. Terrorists are not a "legally recognized" fighting force and as such we can do pretty much whatever we want to them

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    SOCOM chooses the Glock and Big Green goes with the Sig. As a friend of mine put it: "Privates with empty chambers are dangerous without safeties". They beat out the STI-Detonics and Beretta, I'd have made the same choice if forced to work within the confines of the contract.

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Makes sense considering the terrorist organizations we have been gmfighting for the last almost 20 years. Terrorists are not a "legally recognized" fighting force and as such we can do pretty much whatever we want to them

Wow!
    I just learned something new.
    I have to wholeheartedly agree that our military would be perfectly justified in not just using hollowpoints, but HE or WP on these terrorist *******s, as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm assuming that for general purpose normal warfare -- i.e. against lawful as opposed to unlawful combatants/terrorists -- that standard ball ammo will remain the required ammo.
    I say use blowgun darts dipped in curare on these scumbags, all the better to make them aware that they their miserable lives were ebbing away slowly.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not being pedantic (unless you were only jesting), but none of the issue Sigs will be using hollowpoints, not unless the U.S. military has formally withdrawn from the Hague Convention.

Can't withdraw from something you never signed on to. We've voluntarily sorta-kinda complied in our own way when we wanted to.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Wow!
    I just learned something new.
    I have to wholeheartedly agree that our military would be perfectly justified in not just using hollowpoints, but HE or WP on these terrorist *******s, as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm assuming that for general purpose normal warfare -- i.e. against lawful as opposed to unlawful combatants/terrorists -- that standard ball ammo will remain the required ammo.
    I say use blowgun darts dipped in curare on these scumbags, all the better to make them aware that they their miserable lives were ebbing away slowly.

FYI USAF has been issuing 124gr Jhp 9mm to state side (CONUS) Security Forces for their M9's since 1999.

I was there for the transformation. Chief Security Forces got with Jag and they ruled state side was more of a protective/do.estic LE role. They had several Shootings from late 89's through the 90's and with the exception of one Tripp getting g ambushed at Edwards AFB they all stopped (all Bg's died) the threat the CSF wanted to increase the odds and was forward thinking enough to pursue the change.

I'm sort of surprised the Army 1 took this long and 2 Just didn't piggyback off the AF.

Everyone's weapon systems state or other uses ball. Deploy overseas and revert to Hague with ball ammo.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well that's surprising. Everybody, share your opinions on why the sig is best or it sucks and how they beat out glock. Personally, never liked a p320, but doesn't surprise me they would go looking lower in the barrel for a service pistol. Wonder why not a P226? I mean, that's actually a combat proven platform, just like glock is. Call glock ****ty, but at least they hold true and provide a stupid reliable pistol for a good price. SAO sig are some of the best shooters I've ever had, but still keep those little boxy rocks around, since they will always go bang if I need it to.

But seriously, why not choose a real pistol like a 1911? ;)

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    They did adopt the 1911 in 1911!..

I can personally say that the famous and much loved 1911's were wore out.
    Most of them were mixmaster specials that functioned about as bad as they looked.
    I fired the M9 for the first time around 1992 we were amazed that it didn't malfunction like the 1911.
    you could make it though qualification without alibi fires.

BTW it's not uncommon to see SIG P226/228 most aviation units are issued them.
    Some units issued Glock 17/19,s as a stop gap because of lack of pistols.

Pistols are a secondary weapon in some units only the CO,XO,1SG carry a pistol.
    I carried one for years and took it out of holster twice.

For our civilian members you are issued weapons based on the job you do.
    You are normally assigned the same weapon or weapons for you time in the unit.
    They are "rack grade" if you are issued pistol #17 you would get a M9, three used mags, and cleaning kit.
    Its kinda like a lottery you may get a like new one or one that is just about to be retired.
    The last one I was issued the slide was silver it had no finishing left on it and was beat up but it shot ok.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    wow, and you thought p320's were hard to find before now!

back in November I talked the store owner into ordering a 320, I told him I could sell them all day long! he asked what size/caliber, I said either the carry, or the compact, in 9mm (for the "non sig guys"the p320 carry is like a glock 17 with a glock 19 slide, and the 320 compact is the same size as a glock 19)

we buy from 4 distributors and none had any in stock, any caliber, any size, or any color!
    looks like I need to order that threaded barrel for my 320 asap!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Damn, that is one UGLY gun. I don't want to hear one peep about Glocks being ugly after seeing the P320.

I know you've seen some bachelorette parties downtown meander by. There can be more than one item in a group designated as "great personality".

aztec777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2016
    Reno
    While I was serving I fielded the 1911 and the M9. With every design, the Sig will have it's strengths and weaknesses found out very quickly. I would guess that they will be chambered in 9x19 with some kind of hollow point technology mixed in. Stay safe my brothers and sisters in uniform.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It's a P320 variant
    Caliber unknown ?

I`m shocked, and don`t understand why in the world anything but the .45acp would be considered. Understanding how lacking any handgun is in battle, compared to a long arm, it`s unfathomable they we would arm our soldiers with any lesser caliber.

Top Bottom